Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: articulation problems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2007, 05:05 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default articulation problems

hi i am building my first crawler i made a chassis for i looked at the rockbull chassis and replicated it
i bought 4 links and other parts through rc4wd i am using 170mm integy piggy back shocks and 18,5 cm liks
i put the front end togheter and hooked it to the frame but now my articulation is bull@#$@ i cant get a decent amount off articulation since this is my first build upp i dont know what to do to increase the articulation

i hope someone here can help me out

greetings a noob crawler from the netherlands

Last edited by dutchcrawler; 02-19-2007 at 05:10 AM.
dutchcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #2

Post up some pics of how u have arranged the link rods...it will be easier for people to help

Keith
furbyvrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yes pics would help a lot! Articulation is overrated anyway, lol, to much is far worse than not enough! You really only need about 60 degrees to have a good crawler... the ones you see with 90+ just rap themselves up the second they get in a bind!

Later,
Jake
EagleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

minw does not even have a 30 degree angle i cant get the pics posted
i have the lower links on the outside and the upper links on the inside of the body
can anyone suggest better shocks than the integy piggyback things i think they are much to exspensive for wat you get my vrawler tumbled from not even 20 cm high and busted 2 shocks so i want to replace them
any suggestions ??
dutchcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

Pics would still help a lot... You may not be able to post them here but you can go to a 3rd party host like http://www.putfile.com and post them there... Most places that host images will give you a BB code under the pic or next to it that you can copy and paste in your post here to display the image...

As for your shocks, yes.. Those piggybacks are overrated from all the ones I've seen.. They have a tendancy to leak...

I'd suggest stock T/E-MAXX shocks with the red springs to start... They're a good length, easy to find and easy to get parts for when you need them...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Photos would be helpful, but if you don't have conical washers between your rod ends and chassis that will cause your problem. They'd look something like this:

If you aren't using them with the RC4WD rod ends, you'll need to. There may be other issues but that's where I'd start. Good luck!
CPE MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

yes you need washer like cpe showed and are the shocks mounted on your links or on the axles
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote