Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Jimmy tried to build a crawler......and it EXPLODES!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Jimmy tried to build a crawler......and it EXPLODES!!!!

wait, no it didn't and on top of that it actually might work!

Specs:
55T Integy Lathe motors + stock pinions
Novak Rooster
3300 6 cell pack
ESP Clodzilla IV chassis minus canti's
narrowed and cut stock tires (i'll get around to cutting the other 2 soon enough)
maxx shocks (soon to go, just test fitting)
4WD with high torque servos (as soon as i get new savers)

right now it's got a hacked rubicon body i got in a trade, but i'm thinking about a Dodge Ram or Chevy Silverado

and finally, pics:

Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2005, 10:14 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Um Dude everyone on the internet has your name and adress now look at the box in the pic ...... sweet looking truck though should do good
triaxmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:20 PM   #3
2006 2.2 National Champ

Looks nice and clean, the truck that is. Your work bench, on the other hand, needs some help.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

he probably placed the box there on purpose. hoping that somebody would send him something
fuzzhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 05:47 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzhead
he probably placed the box there on purpose. hoping that somebody would send him something
he's lonely. lol nice looking truck...to bad it didn't EXPLODE!!! like it said in the title. lol
SiameseDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

That seems like a pretty good idea with what you did with the upper link mounts. I may need to try that on my daughter or sons crawler.
T-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 09:40 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

thanks for all the compliments

haha, whatever. if someone wants to stalk me, they're welcome to.....

and about the links, yeah i was gonna put them both in the center of the axle but they wouldn't clear the motor, so i moved them to the ends.....seem to work fine.

starting to wire it up today
Old 03-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

finished wiring it up, threw the battery in, and took it out.

this thing crawls way better than i expected, even with only 2 cut tires (i'll get around to the other 2.....maybe).

it's only on 7.2V, and no reciever, but the motors take it up everything, the steering is slow and weak, but i'm not running a reciever pack and the rear servo is one of the weakest servo's ever made.....i ordered myself a nice hitec to replace it.

gonna go to the hobby shop to get a body, paint, and a reciever pack
Old 03-09-2005, 08:30 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

LOL LOL and now every body knows my writeing!!!Why did you leave that box in the pic!to make fun of my writing?! jk But I must say "tear" I miss that old beater body...got to admit those aluminum straps won't let that top cave at all!!
The other wierd thing is is thats the same chassis I had thos axles on before i took them off to trade to you!(The one I was trying to get back to trade with you..The guy finaly paid though)

Oh one more thing DON"T dis the blue birds!! Those things will kick ass! Trust me,just run a good reciever pack and you will get all the power you need.I admit the stock horns are week,but I took that clod threw hell and it would push the truck with the stearing set up I had(mounted to the axles.)

Cutting those tires are a bitch A ? lol that s why I left you that note in the box...glad you got the hang of it though,those things are straining!

By the way I'm still working on the pajero/blazer...front diff slack is giveing me hell its slipping .Any sug? talk to you later!
MountainGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:54 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

uuughghhh, that front diff is slipping? i'd suggest trying to mount a spring or something to keep it in position. that thing was a pain to have the JB Weld set.

and about the servos, one of them is bad or something, i'm gonna take it apart and look at it. the other one is great though. the rear servo i had from some traxxas car and it sucks. the body is hella strong! i like it, i'm gonna keep it for sure.

i got the other 2 tires cut, man what a pain. now my hands are all cut up from slipping with the damn xacto knife.....

NOTE: Never cut tires while watching Space Ghost Coast to Coast or Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Every time you laugh (which is a lot) you slip and jab yourself!