Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Old Buster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2007, 09:17 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Old Buster?

I have a friend that has an old Clodbuster he wants to sell. He said he bought it as a kit and a Futaba Magnum Junior radio back in the early '80's. He said it has maybe 10 runs on it total, he never even glued the tires. I haven't seen it yet, and I haven't made any offers on what I'll pay if I like it. I told him new, the kits go for under $200 if you shop around.

Is there anything I should be looking for, and are the older Clod's worthy of a decent crawler buildup? I just want the axles basically, and may sell the other stuff on eBay.
NWDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2007, 09:21 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

you can get new clod kits for $180..and as for what you looking for, if the old clod body is in good shape and has the chevy emblem on the front and the chevy name on the back you can sell it and make some good money..i have seen those bodys go for $100 a peice..other than that yes all you really need to know is if the axles are still in good shape.
ROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Yes, I had considered the vintage aspect of buying this truck. He claims it's all in good shape, but I'll know when I see it, I've got high standards myself.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

yeah, if its a nice vintage good shape clod it would be a shame to tear it apart just for axles.
Thorsteenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Being as they'll still available in new kit form, what is a vintage Clod worth, assembled and in good shape? I frequent eBay, but only see heavily modded Clods going for more than the price of a new kit.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

beets me, but i just paid 200 a few months ago for an almost pristine original clod. maybe i paid to much, but thats what i wanted, an all original clod.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/sho...38&postcount=1

Last edited by Thorsteenster; 04-25-2007 at 12:58 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:30 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

I won't pay $200 for it, even if it's perfect. I'm into using my stuff, rather than being a collector, so I would be better off buying a brand new kit than to disturb a pristine unit. I'll just wait and see what it looks like, and what this guy wants for it. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:34 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

yeah, mine will spend more time collecting dust than anything, i will run it once in awhile. i got a nice vintage sasy chassis and super rooster for it.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

you could buy it take the axles and put the rest up incase you want to put it back together. most forget the bullhead is a clod just some parts are a different color and the body
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:25 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Buy it and build with the axles, then you can sell the body to me

We have a local club and hold comps every month...WARCRC.org. Join the board and ask lots of questions , we are a great bunch of people and are more than willing to help. Hope to meet you soon.

PS. If you dont buy it LMK and I may be intrested in it.welcome to the addiction

Devlin
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 01:26 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Sounds good! He's bringing over tomorrow, so I'll give it a good visual shake down.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:21 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Well, he finally set the price, at $60, and he's bringing it in tomorrow. As I dislocated my shoulder jerking for my wallet to pay for it sight unseen, he second guessed his price thinking he was "giving" it away. He told me to hold off paying for it until I see it, and the price is still $60.