Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: your guess....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default your guess....

I am currently building a clod buster-based 1:6 jeep (RubiClod in Large Scale forum) and collecting battery packs nows. I was wondering, from your experiences, what you guys think my run time will be. I am running the following:

Two 55th lathe motrs
tower pro 945 servo (1)
evx esc
I currently have 7.2v 3600 and 7.2v 3700 battery packs.
Nylint tires/wheels for now, 2.2 All-t's later.

Considering the size of the rig, i bet i won't be getting long run times like you crawler dudes get. The rig isn't as heavy as it looks though. Do you think i'll get at least one hour with both battery packs (not running dual batteries). I would like to know so i can order more battery packs. I take a long drive out to my preferred wheeling location and it would kinda suck to drive far for only a 30 min run time ya know.

thanks
chris
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2007, 07:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

My super with 60 turn motors, heavy weighted tires and 2 very power hungry servos gets 30-40 minutes off of a 1500mah 2/3 A cell pack.

You may get an hour out of EACH sub C pack you have if they are quality and peaked well.
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
My super with 60 turn motors, heavy weighted tires and 2 very power hungry servos gets 30-40 minutes off of a 1500mah 2/3 A cell pack.

You may get an hour out of EACH sub C pack you have if they are quality and peaked well.

That's good news. Thanks.

I'm still learning how to use the piranha charger. Sooner or later i'll have it down and get the batteries charged fully.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

If you wanna get all you can outta yer packs on a Piranha, you need to set the capacity far higher than what the pack is... If not, the charger will stop at that setting you gave it... My 3600 packs will take near 4000 on a 3A charge so I set them for 4200... That way, I get everything stuffed into 'em they'll take...

If you also use an RX pack on there, that'll extend run times as well... Some get negligible results, I get noticeable results.. About 15 mins or so more time with the RX pack... Run times exceed an hour in my Gecko 2 with tons of extra weight added...
DaViolentOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #5
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViolentOne View Post
If you wanna get all you can outta yer packs on a Piranha, you need to set the capacity far higher than what the pack is... If not, the charger will stop at that setting you gave it... My 3600 packs will take near 4000 on a 3A charge so I set them for 4200... That way, I get everything stuffed into 'em they'll take...

If you also use an RX pack on there, that'll extend run times as well... Some get negligible results, I get noticeable results.. About 15 mins or so more time with the RX pack... Run times exceed an hour in my Gecko 2 with tons of extra weight added...
Thanks for the replies