Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: lower, slower, uhhh go-er

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2005, 06:37 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default lower, slower, uhhh go-er

here's my clod again. lower and slower thanks to some G-Made link/shock mounts/braces and 12t pinion front, 10t pinion rear (instead of stock). also went ahead and bought some Moabs instead of those holey k-rocks.

seems to do pretty well, i am very pleased. pics:

Body turned out OK even though i had some probs with masks. the flames were supposed to be "Florecent Red", but they're a little too pink.....oh well, looks good in teh sun.

i mounted my upper links way out on the axles, now when it flexes the chassis is actually pushed under the axles. so far it hasn't caused any problems. but its something i've never seen before:

^^that chassis rail can actually touch the upper-link right there. and it stops it from over-flexing, the shock would just start rotating the other direction.

Last edited by Vitamin_J; 03-28-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2005, 07:41 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Looks great, but you might encounter hang-ups with the lower links on the bottom of the skid/ chassis. I would move the top links to where the servo saver hole on the gear box is also. I have a esp chassis and had to modify it and it turned out great.
kwj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:44 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sweet, i also would have to agree to either fab. your own upper link mounts or buy some... They give SOOOO much X-tra clearance!
PastryLikeDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

i havent had any troubles with the mounts the way they are now. they aren't any lower than the steering knuckle mounts, and they add more support to the axle tube. maybe i'll move them if i have any problems later on down the road.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
PapaGriz Yo

VJ, why did you set it up so your shocks go horizontal at full compression? You lose alot of suspension control that way.
Looks good, there's nuthin wrong with those Zilla2 chassis', they werk great. I think you will find that you will hang up on the lower links but like you said, run it until you find a need to change it.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4
VJ, why did you set it up so your shocks go horizontal at full compression? You lose alot of suspension control that way.
Looks good, there's nuthin wrong with those Zilla2 chassis', they werk great. I think you will find that you will hang up on the lower links but like you said, run it until you find a need to change it.
honestly, i just kept changing shock positions til something didnt bind. i have nothing to compare it to, but it works good. maybe later on i'll change it up, but until then....