Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Simple question about clod width.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Simple question about clod width.

I have a way to run my clod in both the super class and the 2.2 class. I have custom brackets that hold a tortion stick at each differential which lets me easily swap out the tortion rods to make a 12.5" wheel base up to a 20". All of the electrical is mounted to the diffs. All I have to do is swap out tires and bodies to make up different rigs. My problem is that I can't figure out how to narrow the track width down to 12.5" to compete in the 2.2 class. With the CVD'S and 12mm adapters I can not find a rim set up to get under the 12.5". Any suggestions for total offset rims? Anything else I can do?
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 09:39 PM   #2
RCC Addict

First off, I'm not sure this would be considered legal in comps. From the rules: "You cannot run the same vehicle in more than one class."
But if you're changing the chassis and wheels in between, then is it still the same vehicle? Not really a question for me to answer...

As for your solution, what wheels are you using for the 2.2 tires? It could be that you need something like the Pede rears or Ericksons specifically made for the 2.2 Clods. Something with very little offset.
Cake Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:52 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I hadn't cleared that obstacle on the running the same vehilce in two classes. I guess I really want to run it as a 2.2 legally but be able to run it with bigger stuff for fun. I have another rig to run as a super just in case. All i might share would be batteries and radio.

I just found some aluminum rims on RC4WD site that claim to solve the problem. They must be new cause I didn't see them before. They are expencive at $109 but look to be worth it.
DANALLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:08 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well, considering the rules say that you can change tires and wb's between courses but not trucks I would say that makes it illeagal, since the rules consider such changes as not changing vehicles. I know at our comps it is not allowed. We have allowed a 2.2 spec'ed truck to run super but only because the driver had 2 2.2's and ran one in each class.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote