Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Clod Buster

Notices

Thread: Silver Bullet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 10:12 PM   #1
Trying to have Fun Again

Default Silver Bullet

I'm start yet another build. Yet I have about 10 other half way started projects. Some of the parts came in today some I had.

This part of the build I bought today just for this build and every other build I use this to help me through my builds. But does take up some of the build money since I have to buy alot to finish the build. Hence the name of the build.

The new Special Edition Hustler Chassis powder coated black since that is the only way it comes.

Here is one half of the axles that I will be using. I'm going to use aluminum axle tubes also.

Red Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 12:39 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

looks like you have a good start for a great build up
iwantoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Having you been using those ali cases already? I'm thinking about getting a set because I keep breaking the dern things right where the Stick chassis mounts to it. I'll probably run mine like you have it pictured though, I don't need the extra blink and don't see the need for an all ali axle in my situation.
metomwhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

How is that new hustler kit working out for you? i had planned on getting one, but after asking and waiting for over three months i gave up, put my money on more 2.2s, and now i want to get one and they are already sold out again, anyways how is the fit and finish of the SE hustler? solder joints? hardware any info you have, looks like a great start BTW
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by metomwhou View Post
Having you been using those ali cases already? I'm thinking about getting a set because I keep breaking the dern things right where the Stick chassis mounts to it. I'll probably run mine like you have it pictured though, I don't need the extra blink and don't see the need for an all ali axle in my situation.
This is my first time running the aluminum case. The bling is not what i'm going for. I wan't it bullet proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
How is that new hustler kit working out for you? i had planned on getting one, but after asking and waiting for over three months i gave up, put my money on more 2.2s, and now i want to get one and they are already sold out again, anyways how is the fit and finish of the SE hustler? solder joints? hardware any info you have, looks like a great start BTW
I just got it yesterday. I pre ordered it. The fit and finish look real good right now I just start putting it together. I do have a link that is not tapped.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:14 AM   #6
Trying to have Fun Again

Started to put my links together.

Got them all done but one. It is tapped on one end but not the other.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

What is the total length of the chassis without links, and how tall is the chassis, and could you get a better picture of the skid plate. I would like to make a 2.2 hustler WK but cant justify spending $330 on it. I would much rather find out that they are the same, just the link differences.

Thanks.
Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:38 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Default Can You?

I was wondering since the name of the thread is "Silver Bullet" could you cut the alum can and make one of the body panels out of it?

Might look kinda cool.
jaxcoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:14 PM   #9
Trying to have Fun Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8541 View Post
What is the total length of the chassis without links, and how tall is the chassis, and could you get a better picture of the skid plate. I would like to make a 2.2 hustler WK but cant justify spending $330 on it. I would much rather find out that they are the same, just the link differences.

Thanks.
I'm not going to give out the measurements of the chassis. I have a 2.2 hustler and now the special edition hustler. They look a like but they are complete different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxcoffee View Post
I was wondering since the name of the thread is "Silver Bullet" could you cut the alum can and make one of the body panels out of it?

Might look kinda cool.
I was thinking about that or have the panels painted to look like the can.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #10
Trying to have Fun Again

Worked on the shocks today. The previous owner of the traxxas big bore shocks didn't do much up keep on them the oil was black inside them and leak like crazy.

I can't really say much because they were free thanks Nathan.

I'm not worried about the leaking but cleaned them up real good. And put them back together.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:07 PM   #11
Trying to have Fun Again

Well I'm trying to figure out which screws go where on the chassis. I got the links on. The front shocks are mounted.

I'm ordering another alum case from TCS.

Aluminum axle arms and aluminum knuckles from JP customs.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:02 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Nice build.....I can't wait to see it finished.
gyrene is offline   Reply With Quote