Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Got mine today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 07:51 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Got mine today

Got this delievered to my door a few minutes ago. I don't even know when the European releasedate is, but I don't think too many people have this one over here yet

I still haven't look over the kit in detail yet, but will do so and comment on it when I get the time. At first glance, it's big, see the comparison shot along side the Hilux HL below. Old school box art, of my favourite car - I like it.

The body, although lexan, looks great - way better than the Pro-line FJ40. More details and some hard goods that makes it a good lexan body.

The tires are big and soft. They actually seeem softer than the soft version crawler tires I got from RC4WD, and for those that own a set know that they are pret-ty soft. bedlooks seems ok, the chrome rims will probably flake off after some abuse, but I will probably run some alu bedlocks from RC4WD anyways.

I snapped some quick pics of various parts, there are more parts, but these are the most interesting to me...

I'm exited.
simensays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Looks sweet! mine is on its way. I should have it today or tomorrow!!
hkusp45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Rock Stacker

hopefully i get mine in a couple of days ill have to hurry up and finish my hilux so i can focus on the cr 01
4 RUNN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I'm supposed to have mine the end of this week. Thank you for the pictures, I'm joanzing for mine.
william g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #5
RCC Addict

where'd you get the Toyota Hilux?
ussprinceton2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

I buy most of my kits from Stellamodels.net - Hong Kong based seller. Exellent prices, service and shipping. The Hilux is from Stella, as is the CR-01.

LHS don't have much Tamiya here in Norway, and prices are sky high (Hilux HL = 925 USD!!!), so naturally I don't buy 'em here when I can get three for that money else where.

The FJ40 got here (Norway) from HK in 3 days, which is way faster than any kit I bought in the US has gotten here, with same shipping method (EMS).

I plan on doing an interactive build animation of the FJ40 - mucj like the one I did for a Wild Willy 2 four years ago : www.simensays.com/tamiya . This one be way more complex though, and with better pics etc...
simensays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 PM   #7

Default Got one today

I saw it at RCX, had to get one
hbc865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

i also bought a cr-01 from stella, its still on the airport here in holland. so i'm waiting till it's getting over here.

i also bought a cr-01 from rc-champ in japan so the second one is also comming to holland :P:P
douwe is offline   Reply With Quote