Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: What Ya Doing To Match Wb Of Body To Truck ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2008, 11:01 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What Ya Doing To Match Wb Of Body To Truck ?

i know most know about the wb of the body not exactly matching up with the wb of truck. i didn't know this was an issue till i already drilled the body out using the molded nipples as a guide(body was painted during assembly so it would be ready). i guess its what i get for not reading the forums a bit better. so yea now my tire sticks out past the rear of the truck.

i know i could either adjust the wb on the truck to shorten it up some or trim the body or drill new holes. i really don't want to do any of the above so i was wondering what you folks have done and maybe i could then make up my mind after i hear from you.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 11:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted View Post
i know most know about the wb of the body not exactly matching up with the wb of truck. i didn't know this was an issue till i already drilled the body out using the molded nipples as a guide(body was painted during assembly so it would be ready). i guess its what i get for not reading the forums a bit better. so yea now my tire sticks out past the rear of the truck.

i know i could either adjust the wb on the truck to shorten it up some or trim the body or drill new holes. i really don't want to do any of the above so i was wondering what you folks have done and maybe i could then make up my mind after i hear from you.
I'm gonna get a proline bushwacker body for crawling, and use the stock one for fooling around at night since I got a lighting kit for it already
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote