Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: cr01 with unimog body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 10:13 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default new pics

what do you think
Attached Images

theonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2008, 02:19 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Looks very good, just get some more inset rims and you're done!!! I like the big wheels/tires on it. Not bad with the 1.9s but the 2.2 with big tires is better.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:15 AM   #23
Roc

I'd drop that body down a bit, look a bit high. Other than that looks awesome.
Roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

I think it looks cool
xzk7nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:31 AM   #25

i like it, im partial to the larger 2.2 setup, but this also looks great, isnt there a larger set of 1.9 tires available? just to kind fill the gap in the fenders...... and i just noticed the crack in the windshield.... bummer :-(.... but it looks good any way you roll with it.....
iluvmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:01 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

That's pretty cool, good job going for the 1.9 setup! I would avoid 2.2's, way too played out and goofy.

For being as is I would also say stick to a higher offset wheel. It just seems a bit too wide. Those wheels do kickass but not for these axles imo. The frame rails look good unpainted. Its part of what makes the look.

Now if you could just lower the body/bed a bit more it would be perfect. It does not seem like you can unless its with major cutting. If not it still looks good in that lifted kind of way =P
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Looks very good, just get some more inset rims and you're done!!! I like the big wheels/tires on it. Not bad with the 1.9s but the 2.2 with big tires is better.
thanks and i like it both ways too, not sure what i like better yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc View Post
I'd drop that body down a bit, look a bit high. Other than that looks awesome.
i know but kinda hard to go any lower then its at:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzk7nr View Post
I think it looks cool
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmud View Post
i like it, im partial to the larger 2.2 setup, but this also looks great, isnt there a larger set of 1.9 tires available? just to kind fill the gap in the fenders...... and i just noticed the crack in the windshield.... bummer :-(.... but it looks good any way you roll with it.....
thanks a lot and as for the bigger 1.9's these are the biggest i believe that they make... and for the windshield i was driving down the trail and this stupid tree branch got in the way and cracked it... hahahaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
That's pretty cool, good job going for the 1.9 setup! I would avoid 2.2's, way too played out and goofy.

For being as is I would also say stick to a higher offset wheel. It just seems a bit too wide. Those wheels do kickass but not for these axles imo. The frame rails look good unpainted. Its part of what makes the look.

Now if you could just lower the body/bed a bit more it would be perfect. It does not seem like you can unless its with major cutting. If not it still looks good in that lifted kind of way =P
well i have a bruiser that's 2.2 scaled...i agree with the frame rails. yea i like the lifted kinda look but as for the rims i do wish they set in a little bit more, but what else can i do...
Old 05-31-2008, 11:54 AM   #28
Quarry Creeper

what do you guys think of the tires? do you think i could have put a better looking tire on here? if so which one?
Old 05-31-2008, 12:28 PM   #29

i like those, but im partial to the more aggressive tires.... like the rock crushers and youre right those are the biggest 1.9tires you can find.... luckily the Rock Crushers ar the same size.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:07 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmud View Post
i like those, but im partial to the more aggressive tires.... like the rock crushers and youre right those are the biggest 1.9tires you can find.... luckily the Rock Crushers ar the same size.
true but! hehee the crushers don't work that great... :-( i love the look but as for how they work I'm not impressed
Old 06-01-2008, 03:24 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

i took it out for the first time and i must say, very fun and it worked pretty damn good! with this body it worked great on up hill, down hill and even side hilling. well here's some more pics.

enjoy

~Kenny
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Get rid of the chrome and it's a keeper. I love those outdoor photos!!!!!!!!!
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijosh View Post
Get rid of the chrome and it's a keeper. I love those outdoor photos!!!!!!!!!
yea i was thinking flat black too
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Looks great! How heavy is that body? Does the truck behave like a weeble wobble?
Theibault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theibault View Post
Looks great! How heavy is that body? Does the truck behave like a weeble wobble?
its not to heavy and not "weeble wobble" at all, very stable and even side hills way better then i thought it would
Old 06-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #36
Pebble Pounder

tires look a little wide for the body, might look good with a jeep body on it though!! looking good man have you looked at the trail doctor tires? http://sdi4x4.com/product_info.php?products_id=32 sweet looking tire
ScorpioCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:41 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

there cool but to small
Old 06-02-2008, 02:18 PM   #38
Rock Stacker

That link is for the regular trail doctors, check out the the xl version. Now that is very noticably bigger. Probably the biggest 1.9 tire if I'm not mistaken. Team those up with some hummer wheels to bring down the width and you're golden =P

Nice pics. Don't want to be a biter but when I do get a cr01 I just might throw a unimog body on there too. Hope its not too time consuming mounting it. Any hassles changing the battery out?
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:24 PM   #39

Quote:
That link is for the regular trail doctors, check out the the xl version. Now that is very noticably bigger. Probably the biggest 1.9 tire if I'm not mistaken.
nope.... same size as what hes sportin right now...... 108mm = 4.25"
Old 06-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That link is for the regular trail doctors, check out the the xl version. Now that is very noticably bigger. Probably the biggest 1.9 tire if I'm not mistaken. Team those up with some hummer wheels to bring down the width and you're golden =P

Nice pics. Don't want to be a biter but when I do get a cr01 I just might throw a unimog body on there too. Hope its not too time consuming mounting it. Any hassles changing the battery out?
ill have to check them out... and as a battery change, kinda a pain in the but but i have a 5000 mah lipo so this thing runs for ever!i drove it on saturday for about 3hours straight, came home to charge the battery because i thought it would be almost dead and the battery only took 1500 mah in... oh yea that's what I'm talking about!