Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: My LC minus the cantilevers and fixed WB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My LC minus the cantilevers and fixed WB

Well I did it, I started out designing a chassis replacement to fix the WB and after looking at it apart decided it would be best to put it back together, but this time my way. I wanted to keep the springs, I know a lot of people consider them scale, so I wanted to leave those, so that set the chassis height, the short wheelbase set the tranney height so really the stock chassis wasn't looking so bad anymore. But the WB needed to be fixed and the cantilevers had to go. I can appreciate the fact Tamiya used springs for that scale effect but the cantilevers blow what ever little bit of scale the springs add.

Once I decided I wouldn't be making a replacement chassis the challenge became using only the kit, well I didn't quite do it, I had to use two 4/40 screws and two 4/40 nuts, but everything else was done with kit parts and the only modification was shortening the rear Drive shaft.

On to the pics.

As you can tell she's still a work in progress, I just removed the stock battery tray and replaced it with a battery tray on a pivot so it rests on the servo, it really lowers the battery weight and takes some of the weight off the suspension.
ripper7777777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

That looks so much better with the axles lined up i wish tamiya would have made the body fit to begin with. Do you have a close up photo of how you did the swivel mount? Great job
CConROCKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
RCC Addict

I mounted all my shocks the same as what youve done on the front,ive done away with the cantalever but still run the rear torsion bar by moving the arm inside the pivit mount and triming the original upper shock mount and using the links. Are you going to use that body.
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote