Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Very nice cr-01. Best of the best

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Very nice cr-01. Best of the best

Check this tricked out cr-01.
http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforu...ead.php?t=3292
edward87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Pretty nice add-ons. Personally I would have gone with plain aluminum or maybe black aluminum. Not a fan of how the blue looks with a yellow body, but overall, great stuff there.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

You should see this thing in person, In my opinion the truck is a eye catcher but don't know how good all that wheight will perfrom under presure and off camber positions.I guess the only way is for atomicmods to put electonics and test it out and see the outcome it will have.
edward87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Are those the STRC parts or another company?
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
Are those the STRC parts or another company?
I want to refit my own CR-01 with as many metal parts as possible, and so have been building up a list of companies that supply such parts, besides the Tamiya hop-up parts. The real nuisance is trying to decide which ones to go for, where there is repetition, and whether the items from different companies will work together. I'm not overly concerned about the extra weight - I'm not taking the crawling bit too seriously, but I do want to get more involved in modding, as I enjoy the building and tinkering about.

STRC seems to have a few little pieces, but of most interest to me are the centre skid, servo plates and bumper brackets.

I'd really like a pair of axle housings (the whole assembly, in fact) from RC4WD, but the housings are sold out.

I like the idea of metal planetary assembly, as supplied by HotRacing, but I guess that puts the diffs under more strain. I also like the variety of links they have for sale.

I am interested in the front skid, servo plate and battery holder offered by JunFac, and possibly a set of shocks, but, like the other suppliers, I can't tell whether they are any good.

The sideplates on the CR-01 above look like the ones from 3Racing, so I'm guessing that the rest of the mods are maybe from them too, but I'm off to check out their site to find out.

If anybody knows of any other manufacturers of CR-01 mod parts, I'd love to know.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:00 PM   #6

Default atomic mods

all the hop ups you see are at atomicmods.com in houston. They are the ones that own that truck. Talk to Frank, and also they sell the cr-01 for 289.00 there.
bergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

looks ok but theres is nothing on there with the exception of the motor heat sink that increases the performance.
twisted is offline   Reply With Quote