Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Junfac CR01 Lizard Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:51 AM   #1

Question Junfac CR01 Lizard Chassis

Such a good looking chassis. Is anyone running it? Any build tips? Any problems with the kit? How well dose it work?

Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

New scale chassis for CR-01

well discussed in this thread.
zoojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:29 AM   #3
Pebble Pounder

I don't think it will work that well with 1.9s due to the axles being so thick. Ground clearance will be too little.
Kermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
I don't think it will work that well with 1.9s due to the axles being so thick. Ground clearance will be too little.

I plan on building it up with different axles. I just really like the chassis, shocks and tranny.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:25 AM   #5

Out of all the people on this forum Fatowl is the only one that has bought that chassis?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Out of all the people on this forum Fatowl is the only one that has bought that chassis?
I may be wise as one, but if I'm any kind of owl it's a skinny one.

I think the chassis works fine with 1.9s, but maybe not small 1.9s. Once I figure out a way to fit the Stompers to my 1.9s I'll be all set.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

OK, one step closer...

I really like this chassis. The axles and wheels look good on it, but right now I have an issue with rod length. I need to shorten the rear 4-links about half an inch to marry the wheels into the arches better. Apart from that, I'm quite happy with how it's coming together.

The body posts haven't been cut yet, so that's what you can see underneath. I don't want to cut them until I'm sure about the height. I know the truck sits quite high right now, but I don't think it needs to be much lower because I want to accomodate some movement.

Flex isn't fantastic, but seems comparable to a lot of other scalers. GC looks nice too, I think.

I'm also quite pleased with how the shell came out. I know it's far from perfect, but hey, give me a break, I only started this stuff back in the summer, and only began trying to do scale stuff a few weeks ago.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Man I need to stop looking at these rigs. I want a scaler so bad. This one is one nice machine. gotta go trim down the money tree and build one I guess.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, Crazy. I know what you mean. I thought this would help keep the bug at bay, but all it's done is make me want to do more scale stuff!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwoul View Post
Thanks, Crazy. I know what you mean. I thought this would help keep the bug at bay, but all it's done is make me want to do more scale stuff!

I know its scale but all the bells and whistles are in the right spot. If you came upon these pics without knowing what rc was you would think it was a 1:1. Nice touches and the body scheme flows nicely.
CRAZYACE63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

I think it looks great. IMO I would level the body and run it.
CConROCKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZYACE63 View Post
I know its scale but all the bells and whistles are in the right spot. If you came upon these pics without knowing what rc was you would think it was a 1:1. Nice touches and the body scheme flows nicely.
High praise indeed! Thank you. Although if you like mine, you really should go and check out the 1.9 scale section because most of those guys make mine look like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConROCKS! View Post
I think it looks great. IMO I would level the body and run it.
Thanks CCon. Probably a newbie question, but "level the body"? You mean make it level front to back so the rear doesn't stick up in the air? Or something more complicated that I haven't learned yet? lol
Old 01-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

Ya just level it front to back.
CConROCKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatwoul View Post
OK, one step closer...

I really like this chassis. The axles and wheels look good on it, but right now I have an issue with rod length. I need to shorten the rear 4-links about half an inch to marry the wheels into the arches better. Apart from that, I'm quite happy with how it's coming together.

The body posts haven't been cut yet, so that's what you can see underneath. I don't want to cut them until I'm sure about the height. I know the truck sits quite high right now, but I don't think it needs to be much lower because I want to accomodate some movement.

Flex isn't fantastic, but seems comparable to a lot of other scalers. GC looks nice too, I think.

I'm also quite pleased with how the shell came out. I know it's far from perfect, but hey, give me a break, I only started this stuff back in the summer, and only began trying to do scale stuff a few weeks ago.

I just checked out this thread, love these photos. I have been looking at this chassis. Can I ask if those are 1.9 or 2.2 wheels?????
kev187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #15

These are 1.9.
NielsVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

How about a parts list, as I see some nice goodies under there! I assume RC4WD axles, yes? Did you use the entire aluminum parts set?

Freight
oxyjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:52 AM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyjansen View Post
How about a parts list, as I see some nice goodies under there! I assume RC4WD axles, yes? Did you use the entire aluminum parts set?

Freight
Let's see if I forget anything:

Junfac Lizard Chassis
Junfac Skid plates (front and rear)
Junfac Servo Rods (the big fat ones to replace the stock ones)
Junfac straigh axle adapters for rear

3 Racing driveshafts

RC4WD CR-01 billet axles
RC4WD Python 1.9 wheels
RC4WD Rock Stomper 1.9 tyres
RC4WD 100mm internal spring shocks

Pro-Line Blazer body

ACE DS1313 servo
Futaba FM receiver (the standard one, can't remember what it is and I'm at work)
CC BEC
Novak Goat System

Personally, I find the axles a little too wide for a 1.9 scaler. They look fine with 2.2s on, and an FJ body (the extra height and fatter wheels give an exaggerated look that allows for the axle width).

So right now, the axles and electronics are all back on the CR-01 chassis, with the Scout body:

The axles are still too wide, but I'm hoping that a set of flares might help tuck the wheels under a little and lessen the over-wide look.

As for the Lizard Blazer, I'm considering a set of T-Rexes under it to narrow it down a little, but if anybody has any other suggestions for narrower axles that would work, I'd welcome them.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:06 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Its a really nice rig. Any possibility of some naked shots??? (No I'm not an RC perv!) lOL
oxyjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
Such a good looking chassis. Is anyone running it? Any build tips? Any problems with the kit? How well dose it work?

Just curious, anyone know what sort of tires Junfac is using on this display? I really like the look of them & have the same Tamiya Black hummer wheels!
kev187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev187 View Post
Just curious, anyone know what sort of tires Junfac is using on this display? I really like the look of them & have the same Tamiya Black hummer wheels!
stock high lift ,,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote