Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! CR01 in trouble.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #1

Default HELP!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! CR01 in trouble.

I got my cr01 recently and Im experiencing some problems with the way it runs, so far my set up is:

Novak Rooster Crawler / 55t novak motor
3600 mah 6c
weighted tires (proline beads/ mashers 2000)

well the problem is that when I give it some throttle the wheels dont spin correctly they "stop" at times so its like its accelerating and breaking , its not like it breaks but you can tell that its not running correctly. I reassembled the differencials and the tranny and they seem to be ok, could it be the motor? or shafts?? has anyone had this problem?? any solucion to this??

all coments are apreciated. this is driving me nuts.
PabloRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

hi
i have the same problem with a e-savage. i think my problem comes from a melting tamiya-battery connector. both connectors really got hot one day, and it was really heavy to disconnect the batteries, because of the melted connector.
do you have any heat-problems on your car?
tomancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:48 AM   #3
Coral Crawler

What kind of "stopping" is it doing? Need some more details, does it seem like the drivetrain is binding somewhere or does it seem like the motor "sputters" due to breaks in the electrical current somewhere within the electronics/wiring chain? Are you using a new motor/esc setup or have they been used before and if so, what kind of use did they go through? How are you connecting all of you're wiring, solder? wire connectors? twist-n-tape? Also, how frequently does it occur? A few times per every foot or two of travel or just once and a while? Does it seem to have a consistant pattern to it or does it just occur once and a while whenever it feels like it?

Well, I just saw you're pic's in the mud, lol, was the problem occuring before the romp through the mud or just after?

Last edited by beachbum; 10-10-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: because it's late and I can't spell worth a damn
beachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

MY CR is an absolute git when first switched on, it coughs and splutters for a minute or so. It has had 3 different motors and 3 different speedo`s and it is always the same. I think it is the receiver, and or the fact that my aerial is inside the bodywork. Think I will have to make a whip aerial and mount it outside the shell!
igbandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #5
RCC Addict

im not that familiar with the rooster esc, but i know my sidewinder does the same thing when its setup for a brushless motor and your trying to run a brushed motor.

- tre
akguanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:36 AM   #6

Its pretty constant and it doesnt sound persistant ( the motor or tranny)
Old 10-10-2008, 12:16 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

check lipo dut-off to see if it is on? maybe?
twistedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #8
mjh
Quarry Creeper

Pull on the brushess enough to keep them in the guides but almost all the way out and let them snap back in place
Sometimes brushess don't seat on the com. right
And if your running tamiya plugs just ditch'em and just get deans
Its happened to me

Cheers....MJH

Last edited by mjh; 10-10-2008 at 01:33 PM.
mjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #9

Im pretty sure its not the tranny nor the differencials, so Im going to check the brushes and change to dean conectors, thanks a lot for the help Ill keep posting updates.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

I run a 45t with a Rooster Crawler, a JR XS3 with the antenna inside the body. I have not experienced any skip problems with this set-up. I suggest changing battery plugs and hard wiring your motor. Also make sure you have the capacitors installed on the motor. Try to route all your wires so that they are not laying on one another. Hope this helps...
1rcmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

This might be dumb but are running the truck close to a internet wireless signal? My clodbuster would freak out, mainly with a punk rc steering computer, so this might not help you. When I ran the truck far away from the house it was fine.

Looks like you checked most of the mechanical stuff, so I thought i would chime in with the signal stuff.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #12

I know what you are talking about, but its not that, It feels like the motor isnt running at a constant speed its not a big deal but it can get pretty anoying you know.