Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: servo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default servo

i getting my last needed parts, and i got my servo today its a hitec 645 i think is the number and it came with "just" the servo, do i need any other parts or is everything needed included in the cr01 kit? any info will help, thanx........
IDnewcrwlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
i getting my last needed parts, and i got my servo today its a hitec 645 i think is the number and it came with "just" the servo, do i need any other parts or is everything needed included in the cr01 kit? any info will help, thanx........
Thre kit has a servo saver and different inserts, there should be one for a hitec in the kit, but your servo is a bit weak , most are running 180oz + , I run a 200oz airtronics in the front and 1800z tower pro for the rear.
Joat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:47 AM   #3
RCC Addict

so thats not a very good servo? quite a few people on here steered me in that direction, im not looking for the best rite now i was ona budget and just wanted to get it rolling. but soon im going to upgrade a few things, what servo would reccomend any why? if you dont mind my asking, thanx.........
Old 02-06-2009, 07:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joat View Post
Thre kit has a servo saver and different inserts, there should be one for a hitec in the kit, but your servo is a bit weak , most are running 180oz + , I run a 200oz airtronics in the front and 1800z tower pro for the rear.
I don't wish to contradict Joat, but I had problems using the stock servo savers with Hitec servos. I found that the two different fittings included were both wrong for my Hitec 645. I may have been unlucky, but Tamiya are pretty good at consistent forming of their parts, so I'd be surprised if there was much variation.
fatwoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #5
vtt
Rock Stacker

I'm using the stock cr01 servo saver on an hitec 645 and it works fine.
vtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
RCC Addict

so where i got only the servo and no other parts with it all i need is included in the cr01 kit? how does the 645mg work for you vtt?
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Rock Stacker

I have a 645 and it works fine it is not the strongest or the fastest but it works. If you get bound up in rocks a stronger servo will be better. I use mine as more of a scaler lite crawler and it works. As far as the kit servo saver's they is not on for hitec they will work for a while but eventually will strip the plastic.
CConROCKS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
vtt
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDnewcrwlr View Post
so where i got only the servo and no other parts with it all i need is included in the cr01 kit? how does the 645mg work for you vtt?
yes , all you need is in the kit.
I'm using this servo with the stock tamiya hardware for 6 months and no stripping yet. (and i use it hard)

its not the strongest servo but it works just fine.
vtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I run that servo and its just fine.

It gets the job done.
iwantoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

I use the 645 and its fine for me, i stripped on of the stock horns for the futaba and now using the one meant for airtronics just fine. its mainly just a bit slow
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote