Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Fresh Meat's CR-01

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshMeat View Post
Thanks - it's been a lot of fun. You should create a thread with pics and specs. I always like to see what other people are doing.

I picked up some Proline Flat Iron's yesterday (along with some stick-on weights). I really like the scale look of these tires ; I hear that they perform pretty well too.
Maybe I'll take some pics and put something up when I get home from work tonight.

I run Flat Irons on one of my CR-01's and quite like them. They're not comp tires, but they're way better than the stockers, and they look scale too.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Flatiron's are so nice. Its one of my choices in the running of which tires to get next. Unfortunately, in the comp series I joined they are illegal for the scale class unless they come with a kit as standard such as the Axial SCX10. Have to just run them for fun and use Tamiya tires for the comps.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
Flatiron's are so nice. Its one of my choices in the running of which tires to get next. Unfortunately, in the comp series I joined they are illegal for the scale class unless they come with a kit as standard such as the Axial SCX10. Have to just run them for fun and use Tamiya tires for the comps.
Ya, I don't compete with my scalers at all so I run whatever the hell I want. I try to keep them scale, so I have Flat Irons on my Rubicon CR-01, and Carvers on my Landy bodied CR-01.
metalry101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Default Update

Upgrade #1
I replaced the stock tamiya rims with some Proline Eight Shooter beadlocks - mostly because I hate the tiny screws that come with the tamiya beadlocks (and the plastic beadlocks). Truth be told, if the tamiya rims had come with better beadlocks I probably would have stuck with them. They are both plastic rims - but the Tamiya rims are made of a thicker material. Since the Proline rims have a narrower profile - it does change the way the tires look on the rims. Hopefully they will perform as well on the Proline rims as they did on the Tamiya rims.

I probably should have just ponied up for a nice set of aluminum rims and be done with it

Future Upgrade #1
I should be receiving some new shocks soon - some Losi 4" crawler shocks (received a small bonus from work in the form of an Amazon gift certificate).

Future Upgrade #2
I have had some binding issues with my rear driveline (a little popping noise) - so I ordered a set of the Junfac Universal Shafts and a battery plate for good measure
FreshMeat is offline   Reply With Quote