Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Just scored my first Tamiya CR-01 Toyota Land Cruiser 40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2010, 08:08 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
Wow this rig didn't last you long... I see that you are looking to get rid of it on RCU now.... just a few days and you gave up on it ???
Not really looking to sell it, I do love the CR-01, I like it alot but if I can get a TXT-1 for it I might jump at it. However do know this, the first chance I get I'm getting another CR-01. Its an amazing truck and I really do like it

I just like keeping my options open. Honestly I don't think I'll sell it or trade it, however if I can find someone how has a really nice condition TXT-1 I might consider it. Thats all. However I don't think I'll get any bites. If I do I'll have a look at an offers. My son and I do the RCs together. He's 21 months old and loves watching my Clods and Juggernaut run and bash around the yard.

The CR-01 was more for me however, though my son has shown interest in the truck, I can't turn it tight enough and move it fast enough to keep him interested. I order the parts to make the truck 4 Wheel Steering so I will be interested to see if that helps.

I do have a question however about the CR-01. Is the drive terrain suppose to be . . . I don't know how to say this . . . glitchy? It doesn't seem like its very smooth. I don't even really know how to describe it, it might just be because it a no slip drive train.

Thanks
Disjaukfia
disjaukifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 10:31 AM   #22
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbyx View Post
Wow this rig didn't last you long... I see that you are looking to get rid of it on RCU now.... just a few days and you gave up on it ???
I took down the ad, I've been waiting this rig longer than I have wanted a TXT-1. I'm chucking that bad decision to sleep deprivation They still make the TXT-1 so I'm not all that worried about it. I'll get one eventually.

Plus I have parts coming in that I'm dieing to install, dual steering, which will be my first true dual steering system! All my Clods and my Juggernaut are a single servo setup, so I'm really excited about the selectable 4 Wheel Steering, just need to figure out how to do it with my 3PK Super!

-Disjaukifa

Last edited by disjaukifa; 09-22-2010 at 10:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #23
RCC Addict

The drive train will free up over time. You said the original owner only used it once so everything is still probably pretty tight.
860Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:53 PM   #24
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 860Crawler View Post
The drive train will free up over time. You said the original owner only used it once so everything is still probably pretty tight.
Good to know! Yeah it was never run that much, it looks mint. Also as you probably read from my other thread I had both drive shafts out of phase so that was definitely not helping me at all.

I have noticed that the more I use the truck, the smooth it's getting. I've got to get rid of the awful servo saver, its striping me of about 50% of my turning power.

Probably just going to order some aluminum servo horns, just need to find a place where I can get them on the cheap.

I should get the new body mounts either this Friday or Saturday which will be SO nice. Right now I can't run a body on it because the previous owner cut the studs short to make the vehicle look more scale so when its driven with a body through GRASS, it rubs the body and makes aweful sounds like nothing else!!!

Thanks for all the wonderful advise. After playing with it this afternoon, I can't believe I put it up for sale this morning . . . . what was I thinking

As soon as I get the new body posts, I'll start posting pictures and possibly videos as well

-Disjaukifa
Old 09-22-2010, 11:29 PM   #25
Rock Stacker

Well I just finished installing the Novak Havoc 17.5T Brushless system, had to take just about the whole top half of the CR-01 apart to do so.

The results are as follow . . . HOLY COW that brushless is SOO much better than the 27T 540 Silver can and the Novak ESC is WAY better than that low end Dynamite ESC that came with the CR-01!!!

Night and day difference I can go much slower and everything is smoother, also I was able to adjust the dead band, which I set on 2%, it came stock at 6% I believe which gives me much better throttle control with less hop when I first get going!

I need to fiddle with some of the other settings but for now its awesome! I love this truck! Can't wait to get in the parts to add 4 Wheel Steering and the Aluminum servo horns and the aluminum drive shafts! One all those parts are installed this rig will be set!!!

I will post pictures soon I promise!

Thanks
Disjaukifa
Old 01-06-2011, 11:26 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by disjaukifa View Post
I will post pictures soon I promise!
Updates, updates, we want updates!!!
australiancrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:38 PM   #27
Rock Crawler

Yes, how about an update??

Your glitchyness might have been the ESC. The Dynamite 15T pretty low end compared to the novak system but for $35 & a cheap $10 can, it gets you up and running for under $50.
DRW-FJ40 is offline   Reply With Quote