Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya CR-01

Notices

Thread: Hello to everyone! New member here...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #1

Default Hello to everyone! New member here...

Just want to say hello to everyone!nFirst time crawler enthusiast here. Getting the Land Cruiser CR-01 in the next week or so! Cant wait...

Anyways, i was lurking at URC forum and looking at a Land Cruiser CR-01 built and reviewed by Jang, who is the founder of the URC forum, and a major contributor on that site. In his Land Cruiser CR-01 build, he stated this:
''Also on step 16, the instructions say to use D6 (medium) spacers for the lower (longer) link mounts. Frankly, this doesn't work well. So little spacing at the mounting point they specify causes binding of the links against the side plates at the extremes of articulation, causing your chassis structure itself to have to flex like it was a spring. To avoid this, use D7 (thick) spacers instead.''

My question is, does the D7 spacers come with the kit? Or are those sold separately?

Let me know. Thanks in advance!
crawler_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #2

Default Re: Hello to everyone! New member here...

Anyone?
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

First of all, welcome to the forum. I think you will find a TON of useful info in here to help you with your build.I own the Wrangler kit but the chassis should be the same as far as I know and my kit has those spacers included. What are your plans for the build? Are you trying to keep it kinda scale or are you going wild?
Gunngee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunngee View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum. I think you will find a TON of useful info in here to help you with your build.I own the Wrangler kit but the chassis should be the same as far as I know and my kit has those spacers included. What are your plans for the build? Are you trying to keep it kinda scale or are you going wild?
Thanks for answering my question man.

My plans for the build is to run it stock with no modifications (for now) and do a lot of crawling with it,. I'm also going for a different color. The red scheme is just getting too common.

Thanks for the warm welcome as well!

Hello to everyone! New member here... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
still a member Leprechaun Chit Chat 7 03-10-2012 08:48 AM
New member Vapex.eu Chit Chat 4 01-29-2008 10:21 AM
A hello from a new member :-) Reiko Chit Chat 6 01-30-2007 07:36 AM