Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: small scale and big scale ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2005, 04:02 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default small scale and big scale ?

what exaactly is the differance between small scale and the other ones are they all monster trucks and these are like the stadium tucks and others or are they the real small ones ? im kind of lost
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well I don't think there's anything offical. But I think generally we think of 2.2 wheeled rigs as scale rigs. Even though they are all scale rigs
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

for me, rckjeep said it all, but i like to thing of small scale as the stuff for scaled normal trucks with big tires, the tlt, the clod, txt, maxx, are more of monster scale. does that make sence?
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:10 PM   #4
RCC Addict

the 2.2s are called scale cause theyre so small. like rckjeep said there is not official difference. the scale rigs usually tend to look more like actual 1:1 scale crawler becasue of the shafts and all. clods dont have shafts
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Back in the day, people were making small trucks that had the tires tuck perfectly in the wheel wells, so it looked like a real truck/trail rig, as opposed to TXT's and other trucks that had the axles way in front of the bumper of the bodies and such. In order to get the tires under the wheel wells and body, you needed the smaller 2.2" tires. Also, the keyword is small scale, so smaller in size, yet still scale compared to big trucks.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:50 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

all right i get it now so the small ones are the one that in pictures look like a real truck and the ohers you can tell they ar not real got ya
dotson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

small scale too are still sorta normal looking clods and stuff you get these stick things crawling on sofas and stuff, though that stick is pretty cool but its still freaky looking. Usualy the clods maxxes and stuff are all technicaly 1/8th scale they use the larger non 2.2" tyres etc. I think the clod is the only thing used on the larger trucks ats adverted on the box as 1/10scale. Nothing saying you could stick some clod axles on a shorter wheelbase and run 2.2 rims
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote