Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Wheel hex slippage???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2005, 05:12 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation Wheel hex slippage???

Any one have this issue where the hexes rotate withint he bloddy wheels??? Im finding the tamiya hexes (which are about 1/4" wider than the HPI adapters) are roating within the wheels!! usualy happens on flat faced rocks with a steep grade IE 80 to 90 deg ( similar to stairs) I attack these at a angle to get up since the truck would highcenter otherwise. Any ideas tips etc?? Tempted to superglue or jb em into the wheel but this leaves me with loose drive pins everytime I remove the wheels.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2005, 05:28 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

try to find some traxxas allu. hexes for the pede and rustler maybe?
rcbif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 PM   #3

is where the hex inserts into the wheel reall warn?????????? if so time for new wheells or super glue them in to there
kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 05:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Stuffs all new. I just built this thing lol
Its the tourque of the motor twisting the hex inside the wheel when the trye is got a lot of traction and gets either hung up or the trucks weight is hanging it.

As for alum bits I think it would still ahppen, that and well the LHS scoff at those and say you dont need em so Im stuck. EXP since there is a specific width to them and no one knows the width on the various hexes. I was originaly looking for HPI RS4 nitro alu hexes since those things are pretty wide.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:56 PM   #5
Gold Star Baby Momma!

I had that problem until I got ae rear wheels
they don't have hexes just slots for the pins=no slippages
Tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 10:26 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

For the best price and best quality aluminum hexes for the TLT.... InetRC.com

They clamp onto the hex which means they won't slide off when you remove the wheel. Most of the ORCRC TLT's run them because they are killer.
Attached Images

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 01:43 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I took a deeper look into this I was running the adapters that come with the hpi wheels on the set still rolloing on the stock tlt axles. It seems those are the culprit. I definetly want some of those locking hexes, NOT just for the tlt though! lol Desperatly need em for my TC Ill go give em a look. Just avoided shipping cause I cant info on thickness Currently I have 3 diffrent types of hexes. Running HPI nitro hexes right now seem to look to be about 7mm thick the tamiya ones are 5 or 6 mm and the hpi adapters are 3mm or 2.5

looking at the site is it these?? (G-TLT1010) 9.99 looks like 4 in a set too heh cheap wonder what shipping is. Well on backorder so I gotta wait.
Old 06-16-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkoifish
looking at the site is it these?? (G-TLT1010) 9.99 looks like 4 in a set too heh cheap wonder what shipping is. Well on backorder so I gotta wait.

Yep.. $9.99 and I think shipping is about $1.50-$2.00 from what I remember. It took 2 days to get mine from the day I placed the order. Alex is a great guy to deal with.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote