Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: AHH bugger!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Angry AHH bugger!

Ok anyone know of those metal yokes for the sliders on the pede shafts have the same offset as the nylon parts??
I was mucking around with some vertical rocks and twisted the rear yoke off the drive pinion. Its cracked past the pinion.

Issue is. I am leaving for a 10day trip and I dont know if I can get to the hobby shop before I leave. Reason Im asking is if I drill the pinion shaft to allow the use of the other screws supplied with the nylon parts ( would sorta fix it for now) is will the metal ones line up to those holes as well.

Other question is the nylon parts have this flange thing that goes into the tranny but on the axle side you have to trim this part off to get the setscrews to hold the shaft. Do the metal parts have these flanges?? GAHH I really dont have the time or 21$ for the parts.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJG59&P=7
seems they do have the flanges I remember the ones at the LHS didnt and were sorta brownish. Either way for those running these do you grind off that flange???

Last edited by Madkoifish; 06-21-2005 at 12:43 AM. Reason: added url and additional question
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2005, 01:17 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

you need to grind done the shoulder on the metal ones. But I have not had any issues with them at all.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:19 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I had those of the axle ends on my tlt and yes they do have that little flange and I dremeled mine down flat so that the little shaft end set farther down on the pinion shaft I never had a problem with shafts popping off after that.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

heres what u need http://hobbypeople.net/gallery/630629.asp
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

yeah nd4spdbh those are the same thing he posted, but more expensive.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

They should have the same offset because these were designed to go on the transmission side (newer pede trannies had a hole in the output shafts). Drilling the pinion shafts is a very good idea to get these trucks bomb proof.

Just like the plastic ones, you'll have to cut that lip off of the metal ones. As far as I have heard, they don't have the little thing on the inside. Hope you can get it fixed in time!
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Exclamation >_>

I hope so too reason i went full bore to get it done as fast as I did was for this silly trip!! Im gonna call the LHS as soon as I figure out where I left the cel. heres to keeping crossed fingers that they still have them in stock. If not I hope drilling out that shaft and pinning it will hold the broken yoke.

cool they got em 20$ + food heh since I'll have to eat out :-P but hell
btw thanks for the help here

Last edited by Madkoifish; 06-21-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote