Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: looking for a sexy body

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2005, 08:10 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default looking for a sexy body

Okay, i just joined this forum. i got tired of going fast so i decided to try and get into crawling. i am still waiting on my paycheck before ordering my tlt. I am going to be stretching it using associated mgt toe links the way that rcca did it. center diff locked and diffs in axles locked. Cut m2ks along with a 645mg steering servo. still deciding on motor and body though. i dont want to use the stock bod once i stretch it because it will just look stupid, but i also dont want something huge. i was wondering if anyone knew of a bod that would look good and wouldn't need to be cut huge amounts. i still want it to resemble a real truck. i just dont want it to look like just another rubicon based tlt. the bod I am looking at is made for the maxx, so it will be smaller than savage bods. it is a ford courier bod by proline.
link here
http://prolineracing.com/proline/bodies/3197/3197.html

for a motor i want to have enough torque to go over most things but i still want wheelspin for mud and sand and snow. this will be a trail rig not a pure rock crawler. in fact it will probably hardly ever encounter a real rock course. i will be using the stock battery pack but i dont want to have short runtimes, so an efficient motor will be nice.
gotta go

din din
harris
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Lathe motor, don't cut the M2ks, and welcome to the board!
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

The Integy 55T lathe motor is a nice all around motor. As long as you don't use a gear reduction and don't gear your truck down too much, you will have decent wheelspin.

The body is totally up to you. Everybody has different taste.

As for building your truck the way RCCA did, don't. There are much better ways to build a TLT. Search this forum and look at other peoples trucks. The way RCCA built their truck, it wouldn't perform well. For example, use regular ball ends instead of capured ball ends. A pede tranny and sliders would work 10x better than a stock tranny with dogbones. And get some Maxx shocks, the stock shocks are useless.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #4
RCC Addict

the pro line silverado body for the stampede looks real good, and it's not huge like a t-maxx body.
Old 06-23-2005, 08:20 PM   #5
R.I.P. Chip

I really like the looks of that body. I was thinking about getting one for a tlt project I am going to do in the future.

Also Proline donated one of those to the raffle ;)
Old 06-23-2005, 08:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

There are lots of ways to building your TLT. That body should fit no problem (you'll have to figure out wheel base.

I'm going to lock this thread. I think the time waiting for your paycheck/TLT would be best spent reading ALOT around here. There are tons and tons of build up threads and such. You'll find tons of ideas, and you will find that RCCA's article is ok for 13 year old newbies, it can't come close to the rigs on here.
Closed Thread