Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: JMan's crawler help/progress thread...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2005, 08:03 PM   #1

Default JMan's crawler help/progress thread...

Hey im ordering my TLT when my paycheck comes in. Gettin er off ultimate hobbies cuz the price is so good. I also have many of the parts because im parting out my rustler. So here is what i have so far:
complete tranny
full set of masher 2000s
one set of rear aluminum shocks
full sliders
80oz. servo

So when i order this im gonna order another set of aluminum shocks(duratrax ST rears) also the 96mm and 108mm maxx turnbuckles. Once i lock the front and rear diffs the 80 oz. servo should be enough rite? I have seen it done where someone hacks the stock chassis to fit the pede tranny, does anyone have any pics so i can see where to hack. also does everyone just gerry wrig the TRX yolks to the axle outputs? for mounting the shocks onto the axles i cant really find a clear pic of how to do this, could someone point a helping finger in the right direction. The newb thread says the maxx t.buckles will strech you out to like 11.5 WB, is there any other method of stretching besides the T.Buckles? I will most likely be running the integy lathe motor with this, what is the standard gearing those of you use with the pede tranny? okay ive typed enough for now, lol thx for reading and helping a crawlin newb out. this is a cool site and i hav already learned a ton,

-JMAN-
JMan8108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links