Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Time to update the FAQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2005, 02:49 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Time to update the FAQ

Alright guys, I'm gonna need your help on this one since I am so busy. I want to update the FAQ; clean it up and make all the links work etc...

There are ALOT of questions that come up repeatedly such as "How do I put a stampede tranny in a TLT?" or "I broke the axle shaft, is that normal?" Or "how do I attached stampede sliders?"

What I'm asking for is this. Reply to this thread with one of those questions you've seen one too many times, and also post various threads answering the question. In about a week, I'll update the FAQ with all the information you guys provide to make the most comprehensive guide for the TLT on the net.

Also, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the FAQ so far. There is some really useful and creative information there.

Oh, and if some one could track down all the vendor options for the TLT, ie: rock rings, hulk werk's top link mounts/tubers, bulu2, shorty chassis, etc... and just give the links to the main threads where these things are discussed between customers/vendors.

If someone has posted something, but you have more threads that answer the question, simply repeat the question and supply your links. Please, keep the links all within RCCrawler, unless it is absolutely necessary to link outside of here. Not everyone has a membership to clodtalk, RCMT and those other places, so giving a link there isn't exactly useful, not to mention most questions have been answered here.

THANKS!
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

i want 2 bild a crawler but i only got like 30 bux and no tools i was wondering culd i get like a clod tuber and a 4 channel radio for that oh yeh i need batterys to.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:38 PM   #3
Im Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
i want 2 bild a crawler but i only got like 30 bux and no tools i was wondering culd i get like a clod tuber and a 4 channel radio for that oh yeh i need batterys to.
Pretty much sums up all the posts in this forum lately! lol The pic that I posted last week in the tech sticky "widener comparison" will constantly be updated as people email me there pics of wideners, but it would be cool if it could be attached to the forum so it doesnt suck up too much of my bandwidth, if not its not a problem at all

Thanks for all your hard work Plays_with_Toys!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:40 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default A few questions I would like to see on there.

Great idea!

What are the gear ratio of the stock tranny?
Diddo for the Stampede Tranny
Gear Ratio for the axles
What is the pitch and tooth count of a stock TLT pinion and spur?
Maybe put a build list of parts for a TLT axle. (Don't remember if I saw it in the FAX)

That is all I can think of for now.
ECAMERON87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:51 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

What servo should I get?
What tires should I use?

and the like.
Bsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:37 PM   #6
RCC Addict

maybe price listings of all the most common parts cause i know a lot of peple have been asking how much did you crawler cost or how much will it cost to built one, etc
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 05:54 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

I think all you guys should edit your posts and include answers to the questions you posted.
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:37 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Post the parts list for a Pede tranny. Like the part #s

"Buying a TLT kit is cheaper than building axles!!!!"

and also in the end just put a link to the search botton.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:04 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Ummm.... yeah... the point of this was to help me out guys If I had the time to gather all the info, I would do so, but I don't, hence I was wondering if everyone else could help here.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:48 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Pede tranny parts list
http://www.traxxas.com/products/elec...de%20Parts.pdf

there I helped.
DUDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Good one DUDE lol, PWT here's a parts list for the pede tranny, and I will get the parts list for an Emaxx tranny aswell if you'd like.
Stampede Tranny
2388- Planetary Gear Differential (complete) $12.00
3691- Gearbox halves with idler gear shaft $8.00
1993- Slipper clutch shaft with roll pin $3.00
3195- Top Drive gear, steel (22 tooth) $3.00
4615- Slipper clutch set (complete) $17.50
1996- Idler gear (30 tooth) $3.00
-OR-
1996X- Idler gear, machined aluminum $12.00
You will than need six 5x11 ball bearings, and for some reason I cannot find the proper traxxas number for the screws to hold the tranny together. I will edit this post when I get the Emaxx transmission part numbers and prices.

Last edited by Jim511; 06-28-2005 at 11:37 AM.
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 01:11 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I'd be happy to write a tutorial on how to use stampede sliders in a stock tranny for those people that cant afford to go to a full stampede tranny just yet if you like PWT.

If someone can give me a list of products like tires, servos, and the like i would be glad to look up part numbers as well.

Also remember to post that the rustler, bandit, and stampede all share the same rear transmission, so that people will know if they already have one of those trucks, they can just use the tranny out of that if the wish. Also i'll make a list of other traxxas vehicles that share parts with the stampede tranny. I cut the price of my stampede tranny in half just by using parts off of my nitro sport.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote