Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: jato driveshaft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2005, 07:56 PM   #1

Red face jato driveshaft

does anyone know how long the jato driveshafts are, or better yet, are they similiar to the pede sliders, cuz they can always be made to fit, or even better yet, do they fit the pede yokes. no one has the stock pede sliders in stock, and im just wondering about substitues, ppl say maxx sliders are too big, but i wonder about the shorter ones, i guess theyd be too short. i plan on starting out with the sticky's link lengths, the 96 and 108, and im assuming that the pede sliders work in that. i assume alot. just trying to get an order together.

Last edited by CrawlinBob; 06-28-2005 at 08:00 PM.
CrawlinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

First off no jato drive shafts dont bolt directly up to pede outputs, but i hear they can be modified, i'll let someone else cover that.

Second they are smiliar in some ways, but more advanced. The most noticiable difference is a dust boot over the slideing portion to prevent dust and debris from getting inside. Other features include c clips at the u joint part to make assembly of the shafts easier. Plus they are stronger than pede shafts.

Maxx shafts dont bolt up either. Its not the shaft length, its the fact that they dont easily bolt up the pede outputs.

Yes stock pede shafts will work with the sticky's link lenght. But if you plan to extend it further than stock pede shafts allow, they can be modified, but i dont recommend stretching them too far. taking them to far past what they were designed for probably wont work out to good.

Hope i got all your questions. It seems like lately you've had a bunch of questions, which is great we're here to help, but it will help to keep the boards less cluttered if you post multiple questions onto one post.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #3

haha, thanks, and i reckon you covered em all, and sorry bout the posts, just been busy trying to get this thing rollin, just in a hurry i guess. ill try to be better . been readin these things to death, but nothing seems to help, just trying to freshen up some topics that may be fuzzy to some folks, like me...lol, but thanks, ill see what i can come up with.
CrawlinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

the jato shafts are like the revos, they have curvaliner splines and they have way more of them than the pedes like 10 as oposed to 4
Frkan is offline   Reply With Quote