Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: SW2 Shock setup?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 AM   #1

Default SW2 Shock setup?

Hey all,

I have an SW2 from Bender Customs that I really enjoy. It has worked very well for me. I am having a problem with my shocks though. I am using T-Max shocks and they are not flexing as well as I would like. I have red springs on the back and light green ones on the front but I'm not sure if the ones on the front are long enough. I bought them over a year ago and can't remember who makes them. I'm thinking of buying some RC4WD X11s or X10s but I'm not sure which ones will work for length. Is there a setup that someone has used that they can share with me. Maybe I just need to rebuild them with lighter shock oil and longer, softer springs. Part numbers would be appreciated if you have them. I'm headed out tomorrow for some crawling with friends and right now the flex is embarrasing. Please help

JulianXJ
JulianXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Which T-Maxx shocks are you using? I have been using the same aluminum Traxxas big bore shocks for over 2 years and they work great! If you are using the cheaper plastic ones I would get the aluminum ones. The newest and hottest shocks out are probably the 4" Losi ones and they are threaded for easier adjustment. I have been using the Losi white springs in the front and a combo of springs for the rear to dial out torque twist and body roll. Also use light oil in the front and the right rear shock and step up the weight for the left rear to help with these as well. Hope that helps... To really get the most from the SW2 check out Benders Build thread and read as much of it as you can, He usually puts his setups in all his build threads.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #3
PapaGriz Yo

I'd recommend using Losi pink, yellow, or white buggy springs. I have always used pinks (painted black) with Maxx shocks on my SW2 with great results. Whites are very popular.

Red Maxx springs are too stiff for a 2.2 rig.
Attached Images

Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #4
RCC Addict

I run Losi whites on the front and yellows on the rear of my SW2 with the plastic maxx shocks
mississippirocs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I have always ran the stock T/E Maxx shocks with Losi whites on front and yellows on rear . look thru my build tread of Whadafuxup (SW2 build) you will see many flex shots from comp pics . whadafuxup SW2 build That set up served me well till I built my new SW3 .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote