Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT chassis R & D

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #1

Default TLT chassis R & D

so, ive been lookin around, ive seen pretty much all the chassis' that i wanna see. bulu, rsc10, and all these other booty fabs out there, and, now, im in the process of makin my own. so, some basic rules to apply to, once again, correct me if im wrong, and feel free to add your own pointers.

1. keep the chassis short, as in not tall.

2. keep the chassis narrow, as in not wide

3. keep the chassis in a sort of bowl shape, to help in gc

4. and keep the mounts somewhat low in the chassis, as to help with cog.

and now i come to materials.

im lookin at some 1/8" 6061 plating, which i figure would be the best, because my uncle owns a personal machine shop that i can have free run of.
im also looking at some 1/4" polycarbonate, i figure i can make the prototype/mock-up out of, so i can get the mounting holes for the pede tranny right
i can also modify the stock, which is gonna be most likely happening the soonest, just as soon as i can get my links made, and the rest of the tranny parts in, because, in retrofitting it, it seems pretty easy to slide a pede tranny in.

im hoping to get this thing rolling pretty soon, ill post pics as soon as i can, and as always, any help is def. appreciated. thanks.
CrawlinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I don't think chassis width is an issue, mine is quite wide compared to the stock chassis and many custom chassis and I have no problems because it. The main rule is to keep the weight low and forward. You also want to design it so your links are nearly parallel to the ground with the rig fully loaded.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 12:10 AM   #3

i kinda wondered about that, but the question is, which set, uppers, lowers, or both
CrawlinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 12:56 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
i kinda wondered about that, but the question is, which set, uppers, lowers, or both
I don't understand that question.

David
Davkin is offline   Reply With Quote