Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Pede tranny question...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Pede tranny question...

Do any of you guys beef your stock pede trannies up other than just locking it up? Do you use the Robinson Racing hardened sun gears or the machined gears from Traxxas? I'm getting ready to do my first TLT tuber with a pede tranny and the LHS I work for has all of the hop ups in stock. Any info would be appreciated.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

the stock gears are plenty beefy
Frkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I ran my pede tranny in my pede before switching it over to the tlt. When driving it in the pede, i only ever broke one gear. That was the stock plastic idler gear. Traxxas sells the machined alum replacement gear for that. I put one of those in and the tranny survived two years of some pretty good bashing before going into the tlt and i kept it that way until it was sold. I know you can find machined diffs gears, but i dont think they are really necessary unless you plan to beat the ever livin hell outta your rig. Oh and the stock top drive gear is steel, so you'd have to try pretty hard to break that.

The stock pede tranny is pretty strong, and with an alum. idler its even stronger. I mean i'm sure you could break it, but breaking a few $$$ gear can sometimes prevent breaking something worth a little more.

http://www.buytraxxas.com/default.php?cPath=1_7_672

thats the innards for a pede tranny. The blue things are hop up parts. The only thing i recommend is the 1996x alum. idler gear.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:17 PM   #4
RCC Addict

thanks for the info. Finishing the tranny at work now.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:49 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

a bit off topic but: Killswitch as in killswitch engage?
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Nope...Killswitch as in I accidentally turned off my buddy's power switch on his Nitro RS4 when I was refueling it during the A main at a HPI challenge. He had a McLaren body on it and it was a pain in the a$$ to reach his fuel tank pull tie. I had to stick my whole hand in the body. All of my racing buddies started calling me that and I guess it has just stuck.