Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: link lengths

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2005, 08:59 PM   #1

Smile link lengths

going to my uncles shop tomorrow, going to turn my links on his lathe, and probably get me a new chassis while im up there, but what im curious about, is what are good link lengths. i want to run a 60/40 setu, ive read that above 12" WB (dont make much sense, but o well) will screw with the sliders on the pede tranny, dont wanna do that, but what i want to figure out, is how much on one end of the tlt can u stretch it, via link length and the actual mounting can it go without it falling apart, the slider that is.
(quantity X link length)
im thinkin about trying: 2X 4"
4X 4.25"
2X 4.5"
if anyone has any input whatsoever, including their lengths of links, plz give me a ring. thx
CrawlinBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Stock pede sliders?? Youd be lucky to get 12" and not have issues. I managed 11.5 and had no isues. But the truck I feel worked better at 12.5 Link lengths really depend on your chassis and where on the axle your gonna mount them. Its best to assemble and build the links as you go. Definetly try the 60/40 and let us know. Im ooking ad fooling with diffrent lenghts for to aft to see if I can get the rear to clear stuff better without sliding off to wheelspin.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote