Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My TLT pics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2005, 09:36 AM   #1

Default My TLT pics

That's with an old Pro-Line Jeep body, Imex Pullers, Mtroniks ESC, bearings, stock chassis(cut a lot), Pede tranny and a ~12" wheelbase. I'm using the stock shocks, so articulation SUCKS, but I love the scale look

umm, that's it. Thanks to all the guys who helped me out in some of my threads, all that stuff...

-Beeni

Last edited by BeeniDAmeeni; 07-08-2005 at 09:38 AM.
BeeniDAmeeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2005, 01:04 PM   #2

Okay, some of my pics got deleted... no articulation pics... but I did manage to hack a servo to turn 360 degrees... and then mounted it on the front axle... and then found a small rope/string and a hook... umm... so what does that mean?

Winch!

I used a small twine for rope... it reaches about the length of the truck:

It operates off an old switch made for two AA batteries... and 2.5 volts isn't enough for me, so I chopped it up and made room for a 9 volt...

Then I took all of the electronics out of the S3003 servo and chunked 'em. I kept the motor, soldered the ends from the old switch, then put it all back together... and viola!!! It's powerful enough to pull the truck when the motor isn't engaged... :eek:

Now here is where I need some help... does anyone know of any really scale looking body that would fit? The truck has a 12" wheelbase(Maxx sized bodies work well) I was looking at the Juggernaut bodies... but I don't know their wheelbase... ? I don't mind the CJ body I have now... but I need a new look for my new truck... I'm using "recycled" bodies now... lol

Any suggestions?

OH, and BTW, it needs to be something that would look good with lights and a rollbar...
Old 07-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Why not get the bronco body from radio shack? Its for the truck called the "Mauler"
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 08:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

lookin good
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:43 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
Why not get the bronco body from radio shack? Its for the truck called the "Mauler"
nope its the mangler

heres a link to some pics
http://s8.invisionfree.com/Scale_4x4...showtopic=1768
Frkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #6

Thanks! I think I might just stick with the Jeep body at the moment... I need to put some weight in the tires...

How many of you guys notice any problems with using BB's or other round lead weights? I'm not sure how it will work out, or how it helps at all... ?
Old 07-18-2005, 05:14 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

adding weight to the tires puts weight down low. It helps keep the tires planted, therefore giving more traction. Only thing is it will make it harder on your motor to turn the tires, since its more mass. But if you're already geared low for crawling you should have any problems unless you plan on fillin every empty space in your tires with lead. (that was a joke)

i'm not sure what motor you're running, but if it seems like to you that it already has some problems on the terrain you run your truck on, i wouldnt add to much weight before you get a stronger motor, but if your motor is havin no trouble at all then go ahead at it.

Last edited by pedesrule; 07-18-2005 at 05:16 PM.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
MODERATOR™

More weight for the servo to turn also.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:50 PM   #9

I am using a Hobbico/Cirrus High torque servo, so that's not much of a problem. I'm geared at 14/90 using those big tires, and I have a 12 volt Johnson motor in their... I'm sure with extra weight, and maybe a 12t pinion, I should do just fine.

So do BB's do Okay, or are there any other alternatives?