Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bruiser driveshaft question.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 03:28 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bruiser driveshaft question.

Is it correct that i can shorten one of the jugg 2 driveshafts for the front and the rear one bolts in? I have some max sliders but they are too big to use without smaller yokes. Should i just switch to the smaller tamiya yokes and use the sliders? I don't have much suspension travel right now but i plan to use jugg2 leaves that i'm gonna rework to give me better travel then stock leaves hopefully. If i use the max sliders i'm guessing i can't buy just the small yokes by themselves from tower correct?
Rockinrockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2005, 10:17 AM   #2
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinrockcrawler
Is it correct that i can shorten one of the jugg 2 driveshafts for the front and the rear one bolts in?
Yes you can. I shortened my TXT drive shafts and mated them with my Mounty yokes (smaller ID then the TXT yokes) to fit on my Mounty axles and Pede tranny.

The gold drive shaft parts are from my Mounty, then silver and black are from my TXT.

Quote:
I have some max sliders but they are too big to use without smaller yokes. Should i just switch to the smaller tamiya yokes and use the sliders?
You can use Stampede sliders with stampede yokes. I would highly recommend the steel yokes because the plastic yokes suck. The steel ones are WELL worth the money.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJG59&P=7

Quote:
I don't have much suspension travel right now but i plan to use jugg2 leaves that i'm gonna rework to give me better travel then stock leaves hopefully.
Jugg leafs are much much stiffer then the bruiser/mounty ones, so I cam curious how you plan to "rework" them to give you more travel then the stock ones.

Don't bother trying to get crazy travel out of the leafs, run it like mine and you will have a blast lifting tires in the air.

Quote:
If i use the max sliders i'm guessing i can't buy just the small yokes by themselves from tower correct?
I don't think you can mate the maxx sliders to the smaller yokes (stampede) that fit on the bruiser.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:22 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I saw where thorbob used jugg yokes with max sliders and it worked good for him. I don't have the original drive shafts at all though and i need to find the best way to get some that fit right. The jug shafts i've been told will fit but the front one has to be shortened. The max sliders will fit with jug yokes and i guess your saying regular old pede sliders will fit with no chages at all? I think i'll try to get those if tower has them in stock. I know there bad about not stocking pede parts.
I was going to try and rework the jug springs to give decent travel. Not a whole big bunch. I was thinking of trying to de arch them somehow maybe by heating.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:33 AM   #4
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

I am sure you can get max slider to work somehow. Anything is possible, I just don't see the point. The stampede slider are plenty strong and look more scale in size then the max ones.

You just need to get the steel yokes and some stampede sliders and you will be set. If you want to go with the stonger jugg ones then work on those after you play with the stampede ones since they are so much easier.
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i was just saying the max ones because i already have them. thanks for the info

Last edited by Rockinrockcrawler; 07-12-2005 at 11:03 AM.