Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My New VMG (56k warning tons of pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Rock Crawler VMG Stretched!!! check it out!!(56k warning tons of pics)

Hey guys I got a vmg alittle while ago and it was stretched alittle so i decided to stretch it even more and relocate the battery which was origionally the vmg hex pack and now is a 6-cell duratrax 1100mah battery and works awsome because of it dropping the cog(center of gravity) also i painted the outside of the rims black ran out of paint and couldnt finish the inside lol but it will be done please post comments about the truck but if it is i hate the truck get a better one i dont wanna hear it cause thats just stiupid thanks alot and please atleast respect the work...thanks again

Cameron

Last edited by truegaintfree; 07-12-2005 at 11:51 PM.
truegaintfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

pretty cool
pinkfloydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

those things SUCK sell it and get a TLT ya jackass

looks a-ite some bigger tires would'nt be a bad idea.

also you should shave the ridges down on the diffs aliitle more GC and approach angle.

Last edited by bigred; 07-13-2005 at 10:34 PM.
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:16 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Talking

nah it should be txt or some other huge over 300$ vehicle. Least according to my now out of business hobby store.
" Im building a tlt crawler" shop owner " thats a pile go buy a TXT its better"

looks neat, how about bootyfabbing a chassis? Only thing id say sux is finding bodies to fit. The 1/18th stuff looks like it wold come across as a bit small.

Oh tip Id connect those steering links on top of each other. This is one less piviot point on that area. You'll find steering improves. 2 use the macro setting on the camera.

Now go get some rockrash on that thing!!! and take pics too lol
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

With all the negative *** maggots that have been around lately, I hope you see that bigred is being sarcastic with his comment.

Anyway, looks pretty good, but I think you should have kept it at a shorter wheelbase. True, a long wheel base can give you alot of stability, but it gives you more area underneath the truck to get hung up on. Anyway, keep us updated on how it performs.

Hmmm... how many more things do I need to do to make my VMG work.... Oh yeah, driveshafts and steering.... stupid steering....
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:37 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
With all the negative *** maggots that have been around lately, I hope you see that bigred is being sarcastic with his comment.
thanks PWT and yes i was being sarcastic with you,it looks like a great start....keep us posted on your progress......

Scott-y
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 11:59 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Yeah I was playing along too!
**me shakes the get moving on the vmg stick at PTW**

I my self have been tempted to try messing around with a vmg, would be fun to have a pocket crawler for the little gravel dumps around here. RCCA had a RCX preview that showed a 1/14 scale truck, looks like it has solid axles. Dont reconise the company though.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:55 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the comments and i shaved off the dishes on the tires, i will post later today and also i have 0 electronics in it cause the tranny was taken out and measured and then sent the specs to a guy i know with a cnc machine and hes gonna make me a plate that will fit a 540 size motor in it so i could perhaps put a "lathe" in it lol i also am getting a solid axle maxx and i will post pics as soon as i get it and get everything on it and yes i am soon to order the 2.2 hex's and the swamp dawg tires and also am gonna install the rear steer kit sometime lol....ill get pics up later and mabye ill throw the electronics on it and show yall how it performs lol.....
O AND WHAT IS MACRO?? LOL

Last edited by truegaintfree; 07-14-2005 at 03:58 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:27 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Well i was up all night the other night and decided to put alittle lift on the mini-t and make it look just alittle meaner(mini giant tires on the mini-t lol) now remember i was just messin around i just put the tires on there to just see what it would look like and this is what i came out with.. tell me if you like it better with the stock wheels or the monster wheels!!lol thanks alot

sry for the few blurry pics dont know how to change it but o well
Old 07-14-2005, 06:31 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

macro is a setting on your camera that lets you take close up pictures... and not have them be blurry.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

o ok thanks but still i dont know how to change it it doesnt say that anywhere like in settings or anything so idk? lol sry
Old 07-14-2005, 10:18 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

its usualy a image of a flower. and depends on the camera. Just verify the focus of what yor snapping I suppose ;p
Old 07-14-2005, 10:38 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

I like the jacked up Mini T.......................though if you're gonna raise it, you should go balls out and lift that suspension a bit too!

I set mine up like that last summer and have ran it almost exclusively with the VMG meats ever since.
Attached Images

bRIBEGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2005, 11:38 PM   #14

sweet boody love it and screw all the guys who dont like the vmg that truck i snice they jus have to much money and time
tltnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 04:27 AM   #15
Pebble Pounder

Im gonna try and fabb up my own chassis ill take pics when i get it all cut and show you progress updates waitin on the snailman to deliver all the vmg goods that have been ordered ie, gear reduction, 2.2 hex's, 2.2 tires and rims lol and the 370 motor and when i make the chassis i think im gonna use maxx shocks idk for sure we will just have to see how it works and yeah there is a little flower on my cam i will take pics with it on and see how it works and how did you lift the mini-t suspension??