Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Help on my bulu 2 - 4 link setup

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2005, 03:05 PM   #1

Default Help on my bulu 2 - 4 link setup

Hey Guys,

I know to most of you this will probably sound like a stupid question, but I thought i'd ask anyway. I am setting up my new bulu 2 with a stampede tranny and sliders. I am mounting my lower links on the back of the axel, since that seems to be the best way. My question is, what is the recommended length for the lower links? Also, were are the links measured from. Is it from the center of the hole in the rod end or from the bottom of the rod end ?

Also, I am using a upper link mount on the top of the servo. Is getting the bottom links figured out first the right order of assembly?

Any Help would be great!
drrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

I reccomend a 40/60 setup(Longer links in the rear) using Allthread, 1/4 aluminum Tubing, and Traxxas Ball ends. Lay it on the table(Axle, chassis, Axle) at desired Wheelbase 12 - 13" Probably, and mearsure out the bottom links("Think" Chassis Forward). Hope that makes sense?
JakeTheAlligatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Both of these links are in the same situation as you, So it looks like were in this together.

My first real crawler!! *bulu 2*

Bulu2 Rebuild

edit: any luck?

Last edited by rckjeep; 07-18-2005 at 09:40 AM.
LIKES2CRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:06 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Well first off this has been covered many times before. So search. secondly which links you use is totally up to you and the wheelbase you want. so decide which WB you want and measure from center to center of holes.

L2theC nice working adding some links. but one was about a 3 link & he's asking about a four link.

heres my rear

heres the front
rckjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Im Brandon

Great pics rckjeep! I wish I could have had those when I was building mine. BTW in that thread it started out as a 3 link but on the 2nd and third page I finally got the 4 link to work. Check it out It is basically the same thing that this thread could end up being.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote