Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Bulu Design w/ stock tranny.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Bulu Design w/ stock tranny.

I want to just start this by saying that I by no means intend to ruin business or cause an upset of ORCRC. I merely am just trying to acquire some dimensions so that I could build something like a Bulu but with a different transmission. I dont plan on changing my transmission unless i can find a more proper tranny. If this interferes or people do nto want to give out information. Please just delete this thread. I have no means of causing trouble or stealing business.

Topic-
I'm starting to build a TLT that will hopefully be a good crawler. I've got everything but a transmission and I dont plan on switching out to a new tranny for atleast 2 months as long as it holds. But w/ 2.2 tires, new shocks, new links I want to atleast attempt a new chassis as I have done alot of custom work in other areas of RC.

I want to know if anyone cuold give me the outer dimensions of a Bulu2 chassis. length and width of one pane is good.

Thank you,
Eddie
USATorque55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by USATorque55
I want to just start this by saying that I by no means intend to ruin business or cause an upset of ORCRC.

ORCRC? Oregon RC Rock Crawlers? What do they have to do with the Bulu chassis line? Besides doing 99% of our testing, and that most of the ORCRC Competition 2.2 class runs the chassis but that's it.

It's RCRockGear(RCRG) that makes the chassis.

Quote:
I merely am just trying to acquire some dimensions so that I could build something like a Bulu but with a different transmission.

6" x 2.5" Does this help? Since you plan to run everything different why would you need Bulu chassis dimensions? Doesn't make much sense to me but what do I know....

Quote:
I dont plan on changing my transmission unless i can find a more proper tranny.

You have yet to mention what tranny you plan to use... perhaps only slight mods have to be done to fit it into a REAL Bulu chassis. Not sure about the people making copies of our Bulu chassis.. yes, I know who you all are as RCRG has eyes and ears all over the place.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Noticed that perhaps you plan to use the stock tranny....

Bulu1 vs. Stock TLT chassis:

Old 07-17-2005, 09:02 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I plan on using the stock one. My apologies for not clarifying that.

I had honestly thought that ORCRC designed it. I thought that like two of the guys in the group owned a CNC and milled it or cut it. Again I'm sorry.

I'm using the Bulu2 as a starting place because its something that I would like to own. Its like owning a model car instead of buying the real car. I dont have 75$ to spend on the chassis nor the money for another transmission.

Honestly, I'm trying to model my truck similar to your(Toyofast) jeep. This is my first crawler, and while I own many other cars and have raced and modded. I dont have alot of experience in crawling. ONly in fabricating.

6" x 2.5" Thank you.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I had honestly thought that ORCRC designed it. I thought that like two of the guys in the group owned a CNC and milled it or cut it. Again I'm sorry.

Nope... RCRockGear does the Bulu chassis. I am owner, hackster is the R&D and rbgerrish is our playgirl cover boy

Quote:
I dont have 75$ to spend on the chassis nor the money for another transmission.

Well... I'm not even sure when more Bulu's will be made.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm trying to model my truck similar to your(Toyofast) jeep.

That POS? The Bulu chassis creates a competion level crawler, I tried to keep it as a fun truck but the chassis makes it tough to keep fun. I really liked the Clod chassis I used to run...Look for another return of that beater in a while.

Quote:
I dont have alot of experience in crawling. ONly in fabricating.

If you have a lot of experience in fab work then creating your own chassis should be an easy task without Bulu chassis measurements... right? Or :?
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Haha....

Doesnt every piece of equipment developed for a purpose involve some knowledge of its purpose?

I like the jeep, plus it gives me an excuse to use my old E-maxx body, which is completely slaughtered. Once I trim it, it will be nice.