Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Redronins GC-1 build with BTA steering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 08:32 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Redronins GC-1 build with BTA steering

Hey guys I just picked up a Gc-1 from Slow_Joe (thanks again) and decide to post the build. Ive decided to go with BTA steering and probably will be going with the rear axle truss down the line. Any comments and points would be much appreciated.

So far with the BTA with tires and load it seems to work well and it definately clears up the front of the axle alot!

Redronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

The biggest problem I had with my last rig was that the dig kept on disengaging itself or it didn't want to engage until i started rolling a few feet so I decided to go with a servo with a little more balls
so I got my self some delrin and got to cutting

and the darn thing fits really well. It solved a lot of problems as well alowd me to get the linkage closer to the actual sliding "thingy" you know the rod that slides in and out of the dig lol
Old 08-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Lookin pretty good man,but that drag link is going to bend and break.I think you should redesign that Imo.You dont see alot of tlt's with b.t.a. set ups cause the lower link mount [stock tlt type]are right in the way.You can either get high clearance knuckles our just build differant lower link mount that drop that lower link down some to clear,then the drag link will go on top of the knuckle arm.
rockmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:42 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Subscribed
Looks great !!!
Slow_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockmike View Post
Lookin pretty good man,but that drag link is going to bend and break.I think you should redesign that Imo.You dont see alot of tlt's with b.t.a. set ups cause the lower link mount [stock tlt type]are right in the way.You can either get high clearance knuckles our just build differant lower link mount that drop that lower link down some to clear,then the drag link will go on top of the knuckle arm.

I was wondering why when I did a search nothing came up..... oh well I guess I go with the stock steering then. I did notice tho that on either rcp or tcs had a company that was realeasing a bta for the tlt do you think it will be any good?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

looks very good
Georgerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Hey bud heres what i ws talking about if you would like more pics or info just say.Hope this helps
I had to just grind out that top webbing on the housing for the clearance.The one pics shows that the link mount doesnt hang below axle.The servo heatsink pic just kinds got thrown in on the file.This was my first attempt at posting pics,Im a puter idiot lol.
Attached Images

Last edited by rockmike; 08-06-2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgerm View Post
looks very good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redronin View Post
I was wondering why when I did a search nothing came up..... oh well I guess I go with the stock steering then. I did notice tho that on either rcp or tcs had a company that was realeasing a bta for the tlt do you think it will be any good?
Imo anything that those companies realese is top notch stuff.Ive delt with both many times.
Looks like you know how to handle some tools,so just build it yourself,now you klnow it can be done.Ive competed with this setup for quite some time now.

Last edited by rockmike; 08-06-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

the million dollar question is if that set up works well for you? I like the heatsink by the way! did you have to lengthen the screws for that?
Old 08-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
the million dollar question is if that set up works well for you? I like the heatsink by the way! did you have to lengthen the screws for that?
Yup, the setup works very well.If i changed anything i would raise the servo mount up just enough to get one hole longer on the servo horn.I have ability to get more throw,just need longer horn to get me there.

Yes on the side where the draglink goes that srew is longer,the other side is just normal.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:26 PM   #11
RCC Addict

Quote:
It works! He's been using this for quite a while and I've seen nothing break but a striped plastic servo horn. Solid set up!

Last edited by Cave Dave; 08-07-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Cave Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

I definately will be changing that steering set-up that POS link isn't gonna do me any good!