Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: lunardaisy and teh masterer cawlin'

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2005, 10:29 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default lunardaisy and teh masterer cawlin'

We went out today, here's the photos. Pretty l337 . He just built his truck couple days ago.

Pics:

LOL, Nice Artic

I know the pics are pretty l337. ehehe. He didn't have a body and he doesnt have any good batterys yet.

Look Forward to your reply. Cya

Last edited by lunardaisy; 08-03-2005 at 10:40 PM.
lunardaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Ouch.... what all broke?
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #3

Yep, thats my truck alright. Just finished building it this week, started this week too :O

edit: his shock mount screw came loose and fell out, it also caused it to crash and burn off the rock too ... :neutral:
Teh Masterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 10:45 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunardaisy
I know the pics are pretty l337.
English please?
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 11:16 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Haven't you heard? Its the latest and greatest: l337 speak. l337 is equivalent to Elite. I thought it was known nation wide. Anyways, thanks for great input.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:04 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

l337 speak????
4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 12:09 AM   #7
RCC Addict

WTF is Elite?

I'm American, I speak English.
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:12 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

Elite:

n. pl. elite or e·lites

1. A group or class of persons or a member of such a group or class, enjoying superior intellectual, social, or economic status: “In addition to notions of social equality there was much emphasis on the role of elites and of heroes within them” (Times Literary Supplement).

This is North-America

l337:

Leet (meaning 'elite', most commonly represented as 1337) is an online culture or attitude sometimes identified by frequent use of leetspeak (a spelling convention for typed words).

The word itself is derived phonetically from the word "elite", and is a cipher, or cryptic form of English spelling. The spelling convention intended principally to bypass automatic text parsers, perhaps because the originators of the convention felt they may be under some form of surveillance, or desired for other reasons to have somewhat private conversations in public spaces — hence the term elite, as only those 'in the know' could easily read what was said (perhaps in an online chat forum, for instance).

The spelling convention of leetspeak is characterized by the use of non-alphabetic characters to stand for letters which bear superficial resemblance, as well as by a number of spelling changes such as the substitution of "z" for for the "s" at the end of a plural word and "x" for "(c)k" or "(c)ks." Letters may be chosen as substitutes for other letters, based on visual similarity. Leetspeak was probably first used by hackers on Bulletin Board Systems, and then later adopted by users of Online Multiplayer Games and other Internet communities.

Spellings do not always follow a set convention, the same word may be spelled differently by different people, indeed by the same person. This is symptomatic of the desire, or affected desire or desire for an appearance of either a desire or affected desire, to elude comprehension by others unfamiliar with the art form.

Leetspeak is not popular among all hackers, and nowadays is most commonly used in an ironic manner to represent immaturity or to annoy people. Many consider it a pointless affectation, and as it has become widely used it is less useful as a way of showing membership of an "elite" group. It is nonetheless a cultural phenomenon well known amongst hackers and many other Internet users, especially gamers.

Certain factions maintain that "true" leetspeak is spelled correctly, with the exceptions described above. They do not consider the use of extreme short forms (such as "b" for "be", or "u" for "you") as leetspeak; instead, they refer to it by such terms as "AOL speak". This is because they associate such habits with users who use ISPs like AOL, which is associated with "noobiness" and therefore not considered "elite". The chief difference between leetspeak and AOL speak is that leetspeak has the goal of obfuscating traditional written language while in AOL speak the goal is primarily to shorten words (and therefore allow "n00bs" to be able to communicate more quickly). Another convention sometimes associated with leetspeak or Internet chatting is capitalizing every other letter (LiKe ThIs), sometimes called studlycaps or stickycaps. A similar habit involves capitalizing every consonant (LiKe THiS).

Thanks, Cya
Old 08-04-2005, 03:10 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

l337 pwNz jo0.

lol. I used to be in a warez group in the 90s and thats how we typed of IRC.

/me
lol
jakhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Am I going to have to school yall in l337? Well here I go:

! 4|V| 7|-|3 1337 |<!|\|9 ! 0\/\/|\| 411 Y0|_| |3!7C|-|35 Y411 |)0|\|7 |<|\|0\/\/ \/\/|-|47 ! 4|V| 54Y!|\|9 |33C4|_|53 ! 0\/\/|\| Y411 |3!7C|-|35

I play counter strike.....*****es please
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

l337 Does the phrase "JACKASS" mean anything to you?
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 04:04 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Thumbs up

Its actually just a little comical irony. Unfortunatley several members lack a sense of humour. I never said you had to laugh but i wish you would keep your opinions on the topic at hand. Radio Control Vehickes.

p.s.- Jackass? "In a cave, with mixed nuts!!!"... Contradiction?

Please lock this thread moderator.

Last edited by lunardaisy; 08-04-2005 at 04:09 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:11 PM   #13

........ can you fit a chicken pot pie into a coke can?
Teh Masterer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 05:47 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunardaisy
Elite:

is most commonly used in an ironic manner to represent immaturity or to annoy people.
Destroyer
Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:19 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

I'm not gonna lock the thread, since you have pictures. If this discussion is done, great, if more comments are made, all the non picture related comments will be deleted... Though, I am glad I finally understand the fascination with l23l4k|[vBc0ksckerspk]/< Thanks for the history.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

ok seriously guys CHILL all he said was 1337 WOW you dont have to flame him like a mo fo. N e ways nice rig... try and get the battery lower like on the front upper links...
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:04 PM   #17
RCC Addict

Who makes the yellow body?
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 07:23 PM   #18
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh
ok seriously guys CHILL all he said was 1337 WOW you dont have to flame him like a mo fo. N e ways nice rig... try and get the battery lower like on the front upper links...
Hit the nail on the head nd4spdbh!

Yes, We just finished the truck 20 minutes before these photos were taken and didnt have the supplies to rig up a 5 cell to mount on the axle. I have tried running the battery on the links but the center of gravity wasn't steller.

Mike:

Parma makes the body, It's a 34 Ford.

PWT:

Anytime

Destroyer:

I dont quite know what your getting at. If you're using it as an offense i suggest you re-evaluate.

"ironic manner to represent"

Thanks, Cya

Last edited by lunardaisy; 08-04-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2005, 06:51 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

34T M3.

how's that?

English Only! who's with me?
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 PM   #20
Quarry Creeper

OK I avoided commenting on this originaly cause of PWT but 1337 isnt new its older than 80% of the peons here. Its old overused annoying, and really is only used by lazy scrip kiddies on irc or god forbid the most un 1337 of all things computer, AIM
NOw yes all that was said was |337 not like it would kill anyone to see it.
BTW | is a illegal ascii char the proper use is 1 The grammar dirived originaly on dos based text gaming then was reborn about 10years ago in a newer format by early dialup gamers (doom and halflife)

EITHERWAY your truck is in PAIN lol its just a shock link but it looks painful, Love the lychen (sp) covered rocks.
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote