Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT Crawler in a week??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TLT Crawler in a week??

I'm stressin cuz I don't have a chassis, as soon as it gets here I have to make chassis Spacers for it, and try to make a pede fit in it.
I gotta get something for my drivelines. (Needs the connectors)
Gotta make 4-link axle towers.
Gotta get a pinion gear and hope it fits with such little room.
Recieve a new servo.
Get a lot a nuts and bults.
Install my ESC, reciever, and solder my motor.
Get more paint for my body.
Get body mounts.
Get new batterys for my transmitter.
Figure how to mount shocks on a Shorty Chassis.

And do it ALL before next Friday... Next Friday, the family is heading up to Spirit Mountain is Washington....
Too much stress, just gotta remember to take my time... It's all this damn Shipping... ALL I'm Waiting on is my chassis, and money :'( I dont know where I'm gonna get money...

This thing is gonna be sweet though... the body is gonna be one of a kind paint too.

At least I'll be busy with stuff, instead of being bored...

Last edited by Nova; 08-05-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

To keep it on the safe side, I'll ask a question.

What do I need to do to the chassis to space it, I have copper tubing and 3" long bults... how wide are your guys' chassis'?? Someone with a shorty?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #3

id go to home depot and get some 1/4 thick aluminum rod and drill and tap the holes on the sides and make your own spacers
i would never buy something i could easily make.
anthony4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

you have the tools for the hard stuff... soo if everything goes as planned, I should be crawlin newt thursday.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:07 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I just used allthread and made wider spacers out of alluminum tube.
egdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Talking

Depends what a shorty is?
And how the pede is intended to mount. My chassis I managed to get away with some thick *** alum tranny mounts and its just wide enough to allow a side by side battery pack to slide in and articulate.
Lazier way for spacers is to do threaded rod sleved in alum spacers and just nut it off on either end. For shocks off a "bulu" plate style chassis Just get some long screws and nitro fule tube and a nylon nut. I used a nylon nut to space the shock tube out more see pic. The pic has the metal nuts but it gives you an idea. Warning though the tmaxx shock tops is a tight fit.

here are some driveshafts, dunno exactly what you need help with driveline wise.

here are the tranny mounts in roughout ( prolly redundant for your app ) but gives a idea on sizes I suppose ;p
Madkoifish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #7
tru
Rock Stacker

it shouldnt take to long to build i cut my own chassis and had it running in about 3 days. it sucks to have to wait but im used to it cause in in hawaii. if your really in a rush i seen a nicely built tlt with stock chassis but bottom section cut off
tru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 09:59 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

www.mcmaster.com

That's all I have to say about hardware. I've never paid more than $5 for shipping (even when I ordered all the hardware for my TSC-10's, which was a $200 + order). And its never taken more than 3 days to receive my hardware.

As for width, between the plates is about two inches. I wouldn't expect you'd need too much more than that.

I used stand offs from mcmaster, they are aluminum, 2in long by 1/4" in diameter with 4-40 taps. They're like $.60 a piece. So for anyone without a tap, aluminum stock, etc... it comes out about the same price as you could make it for.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote