Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: JIA, PWT & Gnome... gives bad ideas...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2005, 12:07 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default JIA, PWT & Gnome... gives bad ideas...

See what happens when I don't want to follow the lead and go buy things...I come home to a wife that asks how much I spent on some toys!

I don't like you two for giving me ideas. I first went into Wal-Mart to just check to see if they happened to have these little guys. Then I only spotted one, then noticed the other one....one of each. The last two in the Wood Village Wal-Mart One is now for my nephew as today is his b-day and the other is for me.
Attached Images

toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2005, 12:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

gotta love the gnome
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

LOL i read throught the thing twice and i saw the word Gnome and i thought it was the linux GUI untill i looked at the pic and saw the little guy that most ppl call lawn gnomes... DUHH i would love to f around with thoes little trucks! Keep the yellow 'tuber' LOL and give the little red thing to ur nephew.. he he
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Maybe it's not a lawn gnome, but an underpants gnome
Attached Images

AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Awwwww come on Toyo, you have more will power than that. I went to WalMart last week when these things were all the rage. My store had one of each, like you got. I checked 'em out and decided groceries were more important than more RC vehicles. Then again I did throw a tantrum in the store, screaming and kicking because I couldn't get 'em
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Just wondering, but do you feel okward buying a wal-mart rc car designed for 10 year olds?
Oh, it's for your son?

Lol, I just had to ask.
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWithAcrayon
Just wondering, but do you feel okward buying a wal-mart rc car designed for 10 year olds? Lol, I just had to ask.
lol, i went to the walmart today to get one of the 1:18 guys and they had none. so i ended up buying 2 hula hoops for my gf... i felt a little wierd.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty
so i ended up buying 2 hula hoops for my gf... i felt a little wierd.
dont lie they were for you
Old 08-06-2005, 02:12 PM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
........ I checked 'em out and decided groceries were more important than more RC vehicles.
You decided????

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
........I did throw a tantrum in the store, screaming and kicking because I couldn't get 'em
Now that seems more realistic! Usually works for me since my wife doesn't like the attention, although I think my 2 year old daughter is catching on......

Careful Toyo, these things are addicting! I'm trying to figure out how to trick the wife into letting me get the other one too! (already got the scorpion)
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just wondering, but do you feel okward buying a wal-mart rc car designed for 10 year olds?

The asile said "Toys for all ages" But yes, I did feel weird buying this stuff at Wal-Mart. Hell... I wanted to pick up that giant Xb that was sitting near these too but I couldn't.

Quote:
Oh, it's for your son?

My son isn't born yet... I have 1.5-2 months to go, err... the wife has about 1.5-2 months left

I decided to keep the Heeper bodied one and give the tuber one to my nephew. I ran mine for about 30 minutes on a short charge and it was pretty fun. SImple mods, TLT shocks(it can be done), build a new chassis, Novak XRS esc, standard/micro servo up front. Make some sort of adapter to run 12mm hexes since the tires are the same size as the Tamiya Hummer/Pajero/T-rag tire/wheel combo.

I'm all okay with a Spec class of these rigs. Hell, it'd be a CHEAP way to get people into the more hobby side of rc crawing. Start with these $50 items and work their way up to the $1000 rigs
Old 08-06-2005, 04:23 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

I see a nice future for this body ......

For those who have yet to get one, you should for pure fun. They are not the easiest to control but after a few minutes you start to get used to the on/off like functions.
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Damn you beat me to it!
Old 08-06-2005, 06:49 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I think they are the perfect toy for when your big truck is on the bench waiting for parts.

I was going to try TLT shocks, but I didn't think the springs were any softer...
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:37 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
I was going to try TLT shocks, but I didn't think the springs were any softer...

The TLT springs are smaller diameter than the Nylint ones but they can still fit onto the little boingers. The stock TLT springs seem to be very similar to the stock Nylint springs, as far as stiffness/spring rate.

I'd like to swap on the stock TLT oil units onto the little Nylint rig. A bit of custom mount work for the lower mounts and they should fit fine.

My only concern is how long will these little rigs last under daily crawling abuse.