Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Spring and shock help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 07:14 PM   #1

Question Spring and shock help

Hi guys, i've been crawling for a few years now, and just started to compete this year... so far my scores well, suck non the less lol.

Are crawler expert on the team, pointed out that my truck flexed to fast and to easy... witch is true... I had it set up for crawling on the side of a dam wall.. With huge rocks and a steep incline, so break over speed was needed... well now were crawlin in a nice lil spot but without the added incline and well the break over speed is no longer needed... trueth be told its hertin me in the comps... but i kill in the trail runs.

This is what I have.
TLT axels, with a SW2 chassis, 12.5 wb. the new r2 dissconect...(haven't got it yet, its in the mail) but thats all good stuff.... heres the bad...

I'm running 3.3 t-maxx shocks... with 3 custom hand made by me springs.. and 1 white rear spring off a xl5 stampede... to help with motor torque roll. I'm looking at getting a hole new set up on the springs...

Looking at new spring/shock combos... or just changeing the springs up... i belive the truck weighs in at 6.5-7 lbs... it was at 8...

So what springs or shock and spring combos... are you guys running on your tlt comp rigs. thanks
ThE_PuP_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

The Losi Crawler shocks work quite well on my TLT! You can fine tune them with shock oil.
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:36 PM   #3

witch ones? and do you have a link?
ThE_PuP_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

http://rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?p...&cat=14&page=1
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote