Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Add ten mm to your tlts width.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2004, 04:24 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Add ten mm to your tlts width.

Finally something good from rcca. Someone sent in a question about makin the tlt wider and they came up with this. Tamiya makes tg10 long wheel axles that fit into the tlt. It comes with the new stub axles and the new hex adaptors. You have to get two sets to do it to the whole truck. It will add around 10mm to the overall width and with wild dagger wheels you can add another ten mm. Im not sure if stampede wheels have more offset or not then the wild dagger wheels. Someone will have to check.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2004, 05:51 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Add ten mm to your tlts width.

You can get much wider than that actually. My TLT's stance is 1.5" (approx. 38mm) wider than stock.

With my HPI rims and CEN MT2 tires my truck's width is 12.25"

I also have a fair amount of articulation as well

Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 05:57 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Stop showing ur car off wookie

lol jk, I am going to get a tlt or emaxx soon, so i will be showing mine off!!! wuahhaa :P
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:18 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

I can now show mine off too!!! (my first crawler, in the mail)

Not as wide, but hey for 250, it was well worth it!
Just won it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...18056&rd=1

Old 08-25-2004, 09:51 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Sweet

Now you just need to wident it, throw on some new shocks, make a custom chassis, drop a Stampede tranny in it, re-locate your links, cut up your tires, throw a full size body on it (just purchased mine today) and then drive the crap out of it

Just kidding, all you really need to do is just drive the crap out of it.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Lol, the way you look at it, i would need to do all those things. I will do em, but I will take my time. I wont be able to spend much money for a while, so nothing will change much on my car except the shocks.

My first crawler, w000t... I can't wait until sept. 4 when us texans have a crawling "comp" .... I will make my own thread for this soon (once I get the car) so I wont take over this thread...

whats your wheelbase wookie?? What do u think mine is?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:43 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Here are the basic dimensions of my truck:

Wheelbase...........................11.5" (actually just a little over that)
Total length..........................17"
Width...................................12.25"
Center clearance...................3.25"

My guess is that your wheelbase is around 11" to 11.5", pretty close to mine. The biggest difference will be center clearance and width. Unless you go with a Stampede tranny and new chassis you will be hard pressed to get over 2.75" of center clearance. That makes a big difference in crawling.

Give it time and build your TLT up right and it will be an awesome little truck.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:52 PM   #8
TRD
Rock Stacker

nice truck do you have part# and price ??? have you ever ran 2.2 truck pull tires ??? do you think that thay will work good thanks TRD
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:31 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

The wideners are from www.inetrc.com and are actually made for the Clodbuster, but are a perfect fit for the TLT. They run $39.99 for a set of 4.

I've had zero problems with the wideners and they have performed excellent so far for almost two months of hard crawling.

I haven't tried the IMEX puller tires yet. I went with the CEN MT2 tires since they are .25" taller than the Pullers and I could cut the tread to a pattern that I like better. I recently completed cutting my tires, but cutting every other center lug out.

My guess is that the IMEX Puller tires will work great for crawling, just make sure to leave the foam out of the tires.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:48 PM   #10
TRD
Rock Stacker

thanks alot vary cool stuff. how much run time do you get with your truck?? what motor are you using ?? i just got my esc today and my run time is around 7-8 min. i have a mx3 raido xrs esc and a 3000 pack with a hitec 645 up frount and a older airtronics 94151 in the rear. i have a revenge of the monster motor but it is almost 23,000 RPM motor. i will try to get some pics of my ROCK ZOMBIE ! thanks for your help TRD
TRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:58 PM   #11
Rock Stacker

What kind run time do I get?

Well, I get approximately 1 hour out of a 2400 mAh pack 8O . I run a 55 turn Integy lathe motor and have 15/87 gearing on my Pede tranny. This gives me a top speed of around 4 mph.

Look for my truck to grow longer in the very near future. I'm lengthening my Pede sliders and am going to stretch my wheelbase to 13" - 14". I'm also going to try and up my center clearance to around 3.75" - 4".

I should have it done by this weekend and ready to crawl on Sunday.