Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: my tlt-10 is done!!! (minus a body and some 2.2's)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Talking my tlt-10 is done!!! UDPDATE!!!*Page Two*

okay guys and gals, like my signature says, here it is. now this whole thing started a while back when i first stubled onto this site. im way into off -road, previously with full scale, and i wanted to c if anyone had done this in rc. i first whiped somethin up outta legos. it was fun, but i wanted more, then i found this site, and the WHOLE WORLD of this stuff, and man was i happy. so then i set off to soak up as much info as possible, what truck, parts, ..........and so on. i then decided to settle with the tlt-1, as i have wanted one for some time, and its a shafy. im more towards how its scale versious the clods. that, and there harder to build, and im always up for some chalenging fun. but any ways, a couple of weeks back, i ordered all the stuff, truck(ultimatehobbies), and towers for the rest(links, shafts, gears, .........). the parts came in thursday, september 1st, and then the truck came in friday the 2nd. LABORDAY WEEKEND!! i got to work right away. i had three days to do this, as i wanted to c how fast i could do it, and i couldnt wait to crawl. so yeah, here it is, 3 DAYS!! and thanks to all u veterans here that have helped out to all the other noobs, creds go out to u guys!!!!

some profile and still shots

some posser flex shots

some real flex shots outside

some vertical pics(low cog?...)

one of the obstacles around my yard

hopefully some 2.2's will let me drive right up on this side

Last edited by Amaxx; 01-14-2006 at 07:02 PM.
Amaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2005, 06:55 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Link don't work for me just says sign in
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 06:58 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

yeah yeah, i just found that out. im signin up at photobucket right now, new link on the way.
Old 09-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well, i need a free hosting site, photobucket dont seem to like me, any tips on that?? or just another site?? thanks....
Old 09-17-2005, 08:26 PM   #5
2006 2.2 National Champ

Try www.imageshack.us no need to sign up.
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

okay, im tryin it right now
Old 09-17-2005, 08:42 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

yes!!! it works. thanks a ton bender, there are alot of pics, ejoy
Old 09-17-2005, 11:02 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

cool set up... looks like my first setup... u definetly need some good tires tho like mashers or moabs... altho keep the stockers incase u want a chalange around the house...

oh and of course my fettish.... SLEEVE UR STEERING LINKS... 3/16" brake line works wonders...

FREAKIN AWSOME BATTERY LEAD EXTENDER...

also u shoud try runnin the batt over the front upper links... i have noticed that when its over the servo you tend to flip over sidways easier

Last edited by nd4spdbh; 09-17-2005 at 11:07 PM.
nd4spdbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 12:28 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

thanks, lol, yeah, some gator clips and some 14 gauge speaker wire did the trick. and the house chalenge, i do enjoy that, crawl on misscalanius stuffs. and yes i know, i know, i need some brake line, i ran short on funds in the 3 days i did this, so hopefully soon ill have em' sleeved and covered sittin on some masher
Old 09-18-2005, 03:23 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

OK, now I can see I had a similar set-up & found that mounting all the electonics up front really helped, like this

I even put the esc under the crossbraces to help lower the COG.

This all helped alot. Made a pretty capable crawler, for what it was.

Hope this helps.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:22 AM   #11
Pebble Pounder

thanks, ill give all that a try. and one thing i should have added to the title or somethin, i did all this for $160. just wanted to trhow that out there.
Old 09-20-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

lol im a rock stacker, haha, thats great. but ne way, its been a couple of days, and i just realized how i forgot to post some specs with my rig. well, here they are.

stock cut chassis
evader bx transmision
81 spur / 26 pinion
20turn mod motor
t-maxx shafts and yokes
locked axles f/r and trans is also locked
revo links all around (cause there perty)
4" evader bx rear shocks all around w/threaded bodies
duratrax sprint esc
stock tires and wheels
Old 09-20-2005, 01:37 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

What's your wheelbase? Keep us updated on how the evader tranny holds up. Was $160 the total cost of electronics and truck and parts? If so, you're a god.

Definately look into some moabs, they hook up like no other. There really isn't any need to think about tires. If you notice, all the crawlers that do half a damn in comps are running some type of pro-line rubber (both big trucks and the TLT's/2.2 clods.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

oops, its about 12" at the moment. and as for the $160, that did not include the electronics as i had all the stuff already, if i had to total all that eventually went into it..... it would still be about $200, maybe a lil more, but not much. still very cheep though.
Old 09-20-2005, 03:58 PM   #15

Where'd you get the DTX BX trans from? I'm gonna search Tower and see...
Jrdrag3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 04:03 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

i pulled the trans outta an extra bx i had layin around (really dumb friend had it, never drove it, and i gave him $10 bucks for the whole thing including a battery).

LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 09:20 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

UPDATE TIME!! i finally got the body painted. didnt get a 10er yet, but its christmas, so one is on the way . tried my hady work at cuttin the stock tires, the work better, enough to notice. they flex a whole lot better and they the lugs get a lil better "hookin" action. the way i had the rear locked out before work, until i took a really nice fall directly onto the rear wheel at and angle that broke the servo hole mount on the axle where it was mounted before. i knew this wasnt a very sound location to mount it, but for the time being, it worked, until it broke. sooo..., i flipped the knuckles around in back, and tied it into one of the main holes that bolt the axle together.... much stronger. minor updates, but, hey, i felt like takin some pictures..... hopefully in a week or so, ill have the mashers and a body to fit over its stretched chassis.. well, heres the pics.

Old 12-17-2005, 11:55 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

awsome truck cant wait to get mine, n e way so u used the same size links all around (120 mm) how do u like it and is the battery mounted on the upper links?
hansom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:26 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

actually, the links aren't that long. the uppers are 112mm. and the lowers are 102mm. and the battery over the uppers links works pretty well. but being since its still on the little tires, with all the weight up front, the back end liked to pop up a little bit more than i would have liked, so i put 5.5 ounces of bb's in each rear tire to help that unsprung load, flexs better this way....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:51 PM   #20

You could use Deans Plugs.
nova801428 is offline   Reply With Quote