Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT Question..........

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default TLT Question..........

I am just getting back into crawling and I got a tlt crawler, I just came back from my local hobby shop and they said they dont sell the Tlt Kit anymore, my question is can you still get the STOCK parts........not aftermarket, just stock gears, knuckles, axels cases, etc..................

let me know
Team Kamakaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Yes parts are still available. Here is a list of tower hobbies : http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=TAMC0201&P=PU

Also RPP and RCP all carry stock parts. You can also purchase whole axle kits, however it is a little pricey.
rhett314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:50 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

There are alot of available TLT differentials/axles from EBAY - average cost is about US$45

There is also a gear version of the TLT tranny (stock is a gear-belt combination) for about US$25

I have modified the drive axle (US$ of the tranny to fit a topcad drive shaft (US$40)
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vM4Gzj8s7t...0-h/cec105.jpg
wildthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Default RCP is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamakaze View Post
I am just getting back into crawling and I got a tlt crawler, I just came back from my local hobby shop and they said they dont sell the Tlt Kit anymore, my question is can you still get the STOCK parts........not aftermarket, just stock gears, knuckles, axels cases, etc..................

let me know
I get all my parts from the guys at RCP. They are great at answering questions, offering suggestions, and yes FAST shipping.

rhett314 mentions a couple of other sources, so do a little research. Sometimes you can find good bargain by looking in "clearance" or "bargain" sections in various venders sites.

Good luck & happy crawling.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote