Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: What motor are you running?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2004, 03:02 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default What motor are you running?

I want to upgrade my motor and I was wondering what torquey motor you are running. If you could just say real quick if you like the performance, if it gets hot, etc... Also, say if you are running gear reduction units.

Thank you!
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2004, 03:10 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: What motor are you running?

Integery 55t motor
I like it alot, lots of torque
It doesn't get hot at all, and I get 1 hour run times because of the motor.
KidWithAcrayon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:34 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have a Multiplex 600 motor. Only $9

I'm running a GD600 at 3.8:1 into a emaxx tranny in 2nd gear (140:1). Never even gets warm and I get runtimes of about 1 hour
CustomCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I am ordering a 600 motor tomorrow I think. Looking at other posts here on RCC, and the inability to get the 55t motors.
Old 10-03-2004, 03:44 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

i run the multiplex permax 600 motor an excelent motor and 8$ price. runs super cool and 1hr of run time.
sambmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:04 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Tamiya silver can, 72/11 gearing, stock tires cut. Also running 7.2v and 1 battery Good run times, motor stays pretty cool.
CrawlinForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #7

what would a novak ss5800 on a 12 tooth pinion or a lehner 4200xl on a 12 tooth pinion be like bowth running 6 sanyo 3000 pack, for runtime, power and low speed controlability
jmahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 05:51 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Those motors are way too hot for a crawler, even if you ran them through gear reductions. Now I know guys with the bigger trucks run BL, but they are also needing alot more power to move the bigger meats. Im going to be running a sapphire motor, through either one or two GD600's, connected to a pede tranny, pretty much exactly like DUDE's TLT.
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 06:08 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

I run an Integy 55t lathe motor, which is perfect for crawling.

Motors really depend a lot on your application. If you are crawling and only crawling, I highly suggest you check out the Integy. If you want a more speed, but will still be crawling look at the Kyosho Magnetic Meyhem (it's a 550 sized 22x1 turn motor).

The integy does not require a gear reduction unity and has loads of torque, but not much power. I run a 12 tooth pinion with 87 tooth spur on a Pede tranny and have a top end of around 3.5mph with T-Maxx sized tires.

If you run the Magnetic Meyhem you will have a lot more power, similar torque, more top end but will need a gear reduction unit for crawling.

If you are going to use it for mixed purposes then stick with a good 27 turn stock class motor. I would pull the bushings out of the motor though and replace them with bearings.
Wookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

The stock motor I am running is an Integy Matrix 7.5r, it has BB's I believe. It is a very torquey motor and has about 33,000 rpms available. I am only going to be crawling with the truck, so I want something with alot of torque. I can't order from the internet so I depend on LHS's and none of the ones I have spoken with can get the integy lathe motors. So they are therefore not an option. I like that the t600 and other similar motors have the cooling fan on them, as heat is my biggest problem right now. I can get 20-30 min run times, but I can only get them 10 min at a time, I have to take breaks to let the motor and ESC cool down (yet everyone says their LRP F1 pro's don't get hot or even warm).