Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Scale crawling...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Scale crawling...

Hey guys, I have been looking for places to crawl my TLT-10 around town here and I found an awesome spot. A hiking trail! There's tons around this local reservoir, and I thought I'd let you guys know about these. Depending on the trail they are usually kind of narror, full of ruts, rocks, roots, and other obstacles. The one I found breaks into so many smaller trails its like a real 4x4 road. Its got alot of variety to it, small rocks, steep hill climbs, and you can drive it both ways, making twice as much of a crawling area.

Anyway, I thought I'd get your guys' minds thinking about that, as it is a cool alternative to just all out rock gardens.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Scale crawling...

Not exactly related to what you're talking about, but I wanna take my Clod to my grandma's house. She has a massive pine tree that has a root maze that has trapped every other rc I've tried to drive through, and there's some other cool stuff rock piles too. Point being, I guess it'd be the closest to a scale run I could do.
dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:58 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

My main point really was more keep your eyes peeled for areas you wouldn't normally think to crawl.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 05:29 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

down here in mississippi the new natchez trace is in the process of being finished. Whats so cool about the new design (to me) is that on the sides of the road for about 50 feet after brides they pile up basketball size rocks. Crawler heaven. And the best part: i live within 50 feet of one of the roads then its about a hundred yards to a bridge.

The other spot is the best but its a three hour drive away. Its down at grandgulf military park in southern mississippi. A walk about a mile down a road from the main gate leads to the mississippi river. And for about a mile going along side the river are all sorts of rocks. Its cool because it starts off as small stuff about the size of baseballs and softballs then moves up until it gets to the size of watermelons and basketballs. Another cool factor is the bigger the rocks get the closer to the river you are and the river runs pretty fast around there. So if your truck goes in it would probably get sucked stright to the bottem.
pedesrule is offline   Reply With Quote