Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: My New TLT Comp Rig!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by braceysdad
Maybe just years of "hand lotion" use. Show us your palms.
Actually my palms look pretty manly. They're covered in grease because I was cleaning a Pede tranny earlier, and theres a burn at the base of my pionter finger on my left hand where I slipped with the Dremel and got my self.

'Lil bit of a run on sentence.^^^
ILoveRCRockCrawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Gee I wonder what this could be????

If you guessed TLT you're right.

I've been waiting all week for this to come in.
Tonight I got quite a bit done. All thats left to do is make links. Basically eveything was done ahead of time, such as narrowing wheels and getting all the little odds and ends.

I mounted the tranny and hacked some of the remaining metal off the bottom. I also had to assemble axles, which I think was the longest part. In that setup there is like 2.9999999999" of clearance and 12" wheel base.
Hehe, note the yoohoo in the back ground.

Tell me what you think.

LOL I lost a penny to my mom in a bet a few days ago, so tonight I made a bet with her that it will be running by 6pm(estern time), with the exception of fine tuning like steering.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Holy sharpness knob Batman! Did the twin star logo give it away?
FrankyRizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 05:08 AM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo
Did the twin star logo give it away?
Maybe
Old 01-20-2006, 05:17 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Default Its Done!!!!!!!!

Well boys and girls, after years of hard work and labor, Its finially done.

It has a lot of axle sway, but I've got some Hulks upper link mounts that I am going to use to help triangulate the links in opposite directions.

That is the only pic of It for now because I'm waiting for the glue to try on It's tires. So later I will get a flex shot and some action shots.

It's steering is also screwed up, well the rear steer is. For some reason it won't turn the wheels as if It was going to take a left turn. So it looks as if im tearing the transmitter apart later.

And if you're wondering why it capitalized the 'I' it "It", thats because its name is "It".

Tell me what you think so far.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:45 PM   #26
Colt Python/SR9c

i think your gonna get left behind... take the time and actually build a real truck. all that work for a stock TLT
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

do you drink your own pee? if you dont please imform us what type of liquid is in the glass the the right?
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageracer312
do you drink your own pee? if you dont please imform us what type of liquid is in the glass the the right?
do you drink alot of beer, if not can you explain why the glass is on my left
4runner666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 08:30 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by savageracer312
Yeah I drink pee. The acids in it are good for your teeth, no lie. Pathagreus, the math matician, used to do it along with a lot of other people in that time period.

Twisted, It actually crawls unbelievably well. I had it crawling up the back of the couch which is about an 80-85* angle. I also had it go up a normal size step, like on stairs, and even go down a set of stairs. I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow.

Savageracer, Its actually Mountian Dew. And you're at the point in life where you should be starting to learn your left from your right.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:58 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

I like IT. I think its nice keep pics coming.
John Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:04 PM   #31
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Deere
I like IT. I think its nice keep pics coming.
Thanks. That pic looks horrible tho. For some reason it looks different than in that pic.

Anyway, I got the steering all straightened out. I opened up the transmitter and noticed the problem right away. One of the wires broke where it was soldered to the EPA pot.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #32
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner666
do you drink alot of beer, if not can you explain why the glass is on my left
i ment your other right smart *** ,lol, that doesnt look like dew it looks yellow
savageracer312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
It actually crawls unbelievably well. I had it crawling up the back of the couch which is about an 80-85* angle. I also had it go up a normal size step, like on stairs, and even go down a set of stairs. I'll try and get a video of it tomorrow.
If you think it can crawl unbelievably well, then just imagine what a TLT with layed down tranny could do, seeing that it would be twice as stable as your truck .

All in all it's a nice truck. Don't care for the H2 body or the blue wheels though .
TylerV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveRCRockCrawlin
...Savageracer, Its actually Mountian Dew. And you're at the point in life where you should be starting to learn your left from your right.
Hahaha...ROTFLMFAO!!!

Edit: BTW, should be capable enough...but I was doing mock-ups of different link setups and just couldn't get it where it flexed well without binding up in the stock link style configuration...but I've seen several that seem to work well. I've decided to do my upper links so that they are outboard at the chassis and come together on top of the axle center.

The blue wheels match the blue shock springs and look fine to me. What color are you going to do the body?

Last edited by Natedog; 01-20-2006 at 11:09 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 07:12 AM   #35
I wanna be Dave

All things considered, not a bad start. You're only about a year behind the rest of us with TLTs

Now triangulate the links properly and lay down the shocks a bit. Ditch those hard blue springs (I know they match the wheels, but you can paint some Losi whites if it's that important to you) and get the ride height down some more.

You're learning. It's taking for-fawkin-ever, but you're learning.
microgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat
All things considered, not a bad start. You're only about a year behind the rest of us with TLTs

Now triangulate the links properly and lay down the shocks a bit. Ditch those hard blue springs (I know they match the wheels, but you can paint some Losi whites if it's that important to you) and get the ride height down some more.

Gotta love the Goat, always a straight shooter.
Unimoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:40 AM   #37
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgoat

Well actually the shocks came with the blue springs. I've got a set of black springs that I can throw on. I have to agree, it barely flexes with the blues.

The body is going to be the same blue as the wheels with some silver detail. Once I get the silver paint I'm going to start painting the body.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #38
RCC Addict

Default ****update***

Tonight I did a 'lil rearrangement. Pics should explain most of it.

I'm also using some regualar Maxx shocks until I get some softer springs for the other shocks. And the springs on the shocks are too soft so im using some of those spacer clip thingies.

In these pics I got my "indoor" moabs on. This set will probably only be used indoors when its raining outside. My other set is already got about an inch of dirt on them.

Tomarrow I plan on sleeving the links. I haven't sleeved them yet because I wanted to make sure I got the right length links.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:55 PM   #39
I wanna be Dave

Lookin better. What are the two grey plastic pieces from that you used to mount your upper links to the axle housings? They look like a piece from some other RC or something from the hardware store...
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog
Lookin better. What are the two grey plastic pieces from that you used to mount your upper links to the axle housings? They look like a piece from some other RC or something from the hardware store...
They're Hulks upper link mounts.