Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: junac chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 06:45 PM   #1

Default junac chassis

i picked up one of these and have been getting it like i want it has anyone got one or have any ideas about them just some input on if this is a good direction to keep going or what to do next tride to get picture up but it couldnt thanks
nevertooold is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 02:39 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

When you ask if it is a good chassis, it depends on your intentions for it. If you want to compete, sell it and get something else. If you want a truck to do some light crawling and trail runs, then keep it. The factor that forces this decision, is the drivetrain. The center of the drivetrain is belt driven, which may result in belt slippage and gear destruction....ultimately, loss of traction on the rocks. The craftsmanship of the chassis is top notch IMHO. If you are going to stick with it, I have heard of people getting great results by locking all the diffs and installing a belt tensioner. I have also heard of people installing an R2 tranny with great results.
difflocker is offline   Reply With Quote