Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: 2.2 Mut new pics 4/15!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2004, 11:17 PM   #1

Default 2.2 Mut new pics 4/15!

This is whats left of my Tamiya Hummer. There realy isnt realy much stock stuff on it and where there is its only there b/c it has to be! Its all hand built aluminum. This was a very fun project b/c there isnt realy any one thats done much to theese things. I have stretched and lifted it as far as i could while still keeping it sorda kinda scale and using 2.2s. So far i have lengthend? (ged!) the a-arms 2" the chassis was stetched 2.25" and lifted..? not sure how much but theres allotta more room to shove rocks under there now. Its not near done and i shall keep you all posted!

So far other then what i have said......
4" T-maxx shocks in the rear soon to be on all four
full bearings
Novak Rooster
Mag. Meyhem
Deans
HPI Geolanders
HPI Mesh wheels
some other little goodies

And now for some pics! i dont have many good ones sence my comp and camera hate me!

Hell_Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2004, 10:56 PM   #2

Default Re: 2.2 Mut

I know just what you meen man! it took me a few trys and many hours of looking to get it to where it is at... had to make a custome horn. There just isnt any thing out there arout theese is there?but any way ill get a pic up 2marow.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:18 AM   #3

Here ya go...
For the peace i made i used a scrap peace of a steel 4x4 beam and bent cut and filed it to this shape. You could also use a peace of 1/16 aluminum that most hardwarte stores hobby shops have that come in 4"x12" sheets (also what my chassis is made from)then took a star horn and cut it down to be one armed and drilled out the second to last hole so that i could get a bolt through the peace i made and the horn b/c JB weld alone will not hold the plastic horn to the new peace. I plan on making another one just like this one but insted of using the bolt im going to use a peace of solid aluminum or maybe just file down the head on this bolt and make it flush to neatin it up a bit.

You got to cut a slot out of the chassis as clso to the front gear set as you can and i think the slot was 1.5" long.isnt any thing bolted up here(DUH!) but i use the bolt on swivle links insted of the cheesy snap ons.they seem to move more freely. When its all mounted up the new horn dosnt go lower then the holes on the bottom of the gear set where the old chassis mounted.. and no the new horn does not get hung up on rocks or what ever els. For the links... I got four 1" 3mm bolts and cut the heads off then taped the swivles so i could screw one end of the bolt into it and did the same for 3 others. Then to make them into 2 soldid links i took some hollow copper and JB welded them into 2 soldid links. Insted of using the copper you could use a thin peace of solid aluminum then drill/tap it out and screw in the bolt ends but this is not much but a little lighter just as strong.

There are many other ways to set it up. You could mount the servo the same way i did and just use a londer horn. Another way that i have seen on peoples 4x4 pedes is they cut a hole in the chassis the size of the top of the serco and mount it upsidedown and use a normal horn, The only thing i see wrong with theese ideas though is it will get hung up more and the links might binde up when the suspension is under full load. Just play around with it though! The funest part is making up your own ideas and making them work! HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:25 PM   #4

Got a cupple new pics...

Starting to get some real artic. but got a ways to go yet!

The new tower! and not some bad artic for thos tiny shocks...

Once i get another pair of Maxx shocks i should be doin peeeerrrdddy good! I also got some aluminum body posts in the works..should be done 2marrow...