Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Dig Dug - Tuber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2006, 11:58 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Dig Dug - Tuber

One of the locals (Keun) likes to tell me that I'm always digging holes when I go up a line before him. I figure why not make up a truck specifically for that with lots of weight by way of a tuber chassis.

Here's my start on it tonight. First go at this and I'm learning loads already. I think I'm going to have to either live with or shrink the hood area as I won't get as much articulation in the front as I'd like. I'm looking for inspiration for the bottom as to how I'm going to lay this out. I'm thinking painted sheet metal panels for the sides or some sort of clear plastic.

Specs:

Pede tranny
New TLT axles, locked with the gears stuck in the case instead of jb welded
55t or 65t motor
Receiver - probably steal one out of my t-maxx
ESC - tba
HPI SS Monster Wheel Rear Black with moabs (pending Tower order)

I'm also toying with a dig setup for the rear axle.

05.02.2006 - I did a little work on the bottom. I need to make a trip for some metal for the tranny mount and for shocks/links. Haven't decided how I'll do up either yet.

05.04.2006 - Couple more links done up. I just have to do the rear wheel area and drill holes all around. (Plus the sanding and painting). With some luck I'll have it all done with mess around with this weekend.

05.07.2006 - Done. I have loads of little changes I want to make on this, but I figure that for all the changes it will just be easier for me to make a whole new one. I'm going to take it out and run it today, we'll see how well it holds up.

Last edited by Cloak; 05-07-2006 at 08:30 AM.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2006, 07:51 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Ok, all done... and taken apart again so I can paint it.

I'll probably do up some pics late tonight with it all together. I've had to do some strange things with my links but it crawls pretty well. (Well, at least as well as it can with unglued tires, I was spinning all of them earlier.)

I will take it out tomorrow at our weekly get together and see if I can get some video while I'm at at.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Thumbs up

Looks good in person,Not too shabby Pete.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

how does it flex with those lower links at that angle in relation to the upper links? Interesting set up. Looks like it should definately do something. The funny thingn about tubers is as soon as you get three packs though it, you start getting ideas for the next chassis. That keeps happening until your happy with what you have.
rerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Seems to do ok, I've made a few changes already (mostly to clear up some binding issues). I'm going to test it out a bit more sometime this week or Saturday.

BTW, the paint wasn't even dry before I had changes to make.