Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Re-thinking the RBX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2006, 08:38 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Re-thinking the RBX

I have been screwing around with this for a while and I wanted to post up a couple pics before I tear it down and try something new. I ran the RBX with virtually no changes this last season and there were several things I did not like. Obviously the center of gravity was not low enough (it never is) and the chassy was just to wide. The skid surface is massive esp once you bring the ride height down.
This is the first idea I had to try and eliminate some of the issues and overall it works quite well. I ditched the skid and mounted the tranny with the motor serving as the new smaller skid surface as well as moving the center of gravity way down. This also allowed me to narrow the chassy to a point I was happy with. The only downside is that the break over angle sucks and can bite in really rough technical areas. For steep slickrock it is a dream come true with very stable side hilling and what seems like an improved climbing ability. If I could get the tranny up a little higher I would run this setup for the next comp but that is as high as I can get it and not bind the front drive shaft :?
Attached Images

slugzracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

why dont u make youw own chassie with that desighn but no hole so you can drop the tranny out the bottom nnot the motor
smokinubyrc is offline   Reply With Quote