Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Tamiya TLT Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TLT dressed axle weight...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2006, 05:48 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TLT dressed axle weight...

hey i was wondering how much 1 tlt axle weighs, minus servo, including servo plate. link mounts all hardware and wheels and tires. i did a search but didnt find anything. also if theres weight in your wheels, how much? im building a custom axle out of some chromoly thats using maxx parts and i was just wondering how far i am with weight compared to someone using weight in their tires... thanks!
peej410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by peej410
hey i was wondering how much 1 tlt axle weighs, minus servo, including servo plate. link mounts all hardware and wheels and tires.

So, Without servo but WITH servo plate, link mounts, hardware and tires/wheels? Right?

What servo plate? Stock or aluminum? what link mounts? Stock or aftermarket ones? What tires? What wheels.

Everyone will have different answers depending on setup of parts.

I'd guess that two axles setup the way you are asking with a set of M2K's and 'Pede wheels would be a grand total of about 1.5 lbs for both axles...give or take a few ounces.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

thats about what i was looking for. pede wheels with m2ks are fine sorry i should have been more specific. also did your guestimate include weighted wheels and tires or not? ive come up with a prototype for a 2x2 sized axle using maxx parts made of chromoly, its a little on the heavy side because i used what i had instead of finding the exact wall thickness i wanted to use... its at 1lb 1oz undressed (no link mounts servo mounts or anything)
Old 05-20-2006, 11:34 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Just remember that most of the Comp based TLT's are in the 4lbs range RTR at a comp.
toyofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

alright THATs what i needed to know. they run smaller batteries and all that stuff though too right?